Finding my family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sambina
Rookie
Rookie

Finding my family

Post by Sambina »

I was wondering if anyone here would know how I could write to Italy for information? I can read and write Italian a little. I used to speak, read and write fluently so I still remember some. I have had such a hard time finding any of my family. They all came from Italy and yet I can't find any records in Italy.

I could really use some help because I promised my grandmother I would get information about her mother. She was only 8 when her mother died and she was sent to live with aunts and uncles. Her brothers were sent to an orphanage. Even years later when the family was back together they never spoke of her.

I did find her headstone in the cemetery but all of the information on it is wrong as well as the information that they kept on her and the stone.

Thank you in advanced for any and all help!
"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Finding my family

Post by ricbru »

write your letter in english,we are here to help you, we also can translate, let us know, bye Riccardo
ciacciomuschettofamily

Post by ciacciomuschettofamily »

I am researching same thing, if you find help, please pass on to me. Thanks, ciacciomuschettofamily.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Sambina,

Since you know where she is buried, suggest wrting for death act using info from tombstone and the info you have.

Or: Are there available films for the town and date? Morman films @
www.familysearch.org
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.