re:domenico pasquarello & maria capella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:domenico pasquarello & maria capella

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

according to census records,domenico pasquarello(pasquariello?) arrived in 1888 (census records) and lived continually in middleboro,massachusetts until his death there in 1919.he was a railroad worker. born about 1868 in italy.can't find any passenger record for him in either boston or new york. about 1890 he married maria capella(cappiello?) born about 1860 in italy who arrived according to census records in 1890. they had 2 children i believe. can't find a marriage for them in massachusetts,although most likely they married there. can't find her passemger records either. maria died in middleboro in 1905,and domenico married caroline rootes (b.1870 in england) later that same year. i'm trying to find the place of birth in italy for domenico and maria,but this information is in neither of their death records. as was common at that time,it only states italy as place of birth. most likely domenico and maria were from the same comune. if he were naturalized ,most likely his place of birth would be noted in that record. i need this information in order to access their birth records in italy. i've noticed that italian surnames ending in"iello" were quite common in the naples area. i've also noticed that passenger records that predate 1892 contain very little information of origin as compared to later records. for example,only italy would be noted as place of origin in the earlier pre ellis island records,while post 1892 records would usually note the comune of origin or last residence. so even a pre 1892 passenger record is often times not enough. its that naturalization record that would be most helpful. any further suggestions most appreciated.