Records for Roseto Valfortore

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ZackLofton27
Rookie
Rookie

Records for Roseto Valfortore

Post by ZackLofton27 »

Hi! I just recently discovered that there are records available for the city of Roseto Valfortore on familysearch.org.

Tessa! You're amazing... Would you be able to translate this record?
Attachments
Mary Josephine Ruggiero DeFranke Santavicca birth.jpg
ZackLofton27
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Records for Roseto Valfortore

Post by ZackLofton27 »

I believe this to be the marriage record of the parents of Maria Giuseppa Ruggiero.
Attachments
Donato Ruggiero and Rose Emanuele Marriage 1877.jpg
ZackLofton27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZackLofton27 »

I have been searching for hours, and have found a few other records. It is difficult without the records being indexed. I am looking, however, for the marriage of Antonio Filigno and Elisabetta Giannini which would have occurred in Roseto Valfortore sometime before 1896. Perhaps 1890-1895. This is one record I have been seeking for many years. Here is the birth of their son, Giuseppe Filigno (1896):
Attachments
Joseph Filigno Birth 1896.jpg
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Marriage of Antonio Filigno and Elisabetta Giannin

Banns
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=12776

Marriage May 28, 1893
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
ZackLofton27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZackLofton27 »

Wow! Thanks! I fell asleep looking for Roseto Valfortore's marriages in 1895. I found them and searched all of 1894, but didn't get to 1893 yet! It looks like Antonio's father was Giuseppe Filigno (I can't make out mother's name). Elisabetta's father: Stefano Giannini and mother: Colomba Canioli ? Would you be able to translate? I would like to know their ages and birth places look like Roseto Valfortore, but not sure. Thanks!! I wish I knew when Antonio and Elisabetta died. I heard they remained in Italy. I believe Antonio was alive in 1920 in Roseto Valfortore, but I have no leads on Elisabetta. Thanks so much!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ZackLofton27 wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 22:29 Hi! I just recently discovered that there are records available for the city of Roseto Valfortore on familysearch.org.

Tessa! You're amazing... Would you be able to translate this record?
Birth act #3 - Maria Giuseppa Ruggiero
Dated 3 January 1881 in Roseto
Father: Donato Ruggiero, 28, farmer residing in this town
Mother: Rosa Emanuele, his wife, farmer, residing with him
Birth on the 1st of the month at 7:30 PM at the house at Strada Caluario(?) #35
The child was given the name Maria Giuseppa
Note: Donato signed the record :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ZackLofton27 wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 22:45 I believe this to be the marriage record of the parents of Maria Giuseppa Ruggiero.
#62 - Marriage of Donato Filomeno Ruggiero and Rosa Emanuele
Dated 21 November 1877 in Roseto
Groom: Donato Filomeno Ruggiero, 25, farmer born in Roseto Valfortore, residing in said town; son of Angelo who resides in the town, and of Lucia Penna who resides in the town.
Bride: Rosa Emanuele, 20, farmer born in Roseto Valfortore; daughter of deceased Giuseppe who resided in the town, and of Rosaria Trigiani who resides in the town.
Publication of banns was on 28 October and 4 November of the current year.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

#36 - Marriage of Antonio Filigno and Elisabetta Giannini
Dated 28 May 1893 in Roseto
Groom: Antonio Filigno, 24, farmer born in Roseto, residing there; son of Giuseppe who resided in the town, and of deceased Bibbiana Capobianco who resided in the town.
Bride: Elisabetta Giannini, 25, farmer born in Roseto to Stefano who resides in the town, and to Colomba Canioli who resides in the town.
Publication of banns on 30 April and 7 May.

#73 - Birth of Giuseppe Filigno
Dated 8 May 1896
Father: Antonio Filigno, son of Giuseppe, 27, farmer residing in Roseto
Mother: Elisabetta Giannini, his wife, farmer, residing with him
Child was born at 11:10 AM on the 7th of the month at the house at Secondo Vico Piazza Vecchia #18, and given the name Giuseppe.

T.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Tessa78 wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 14:59 Birth on the 1st of the month at 7:30 PM at the house at Strada Calvario #35
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Tessa78 wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 15:12 #36 - Marriage of Antonio Filigno and Elisabetta Giannini
Bride: Elisabetta Giannini, 25, farmer born in Roseto to Stefano who resides in the town, and to Colomba Cascioli who resides in the town.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Processetti of Marriage of Antonio Filigno and Elisabetta Giannini

Birth of Antonio Filigno. June 10, 1869. In Roseto Valfortore, Strada Piatta vecchia
Father: Giuseppe, 38 yo, farmer, son of deceased Domenico
Mother: Bibbiana Capobianco, 33 yo, farmer, daughter of deceased Fabio

Birth of Elisabetta Giannini. September 10, 1868. In Roseto Valfortore, Strada dei Mulini
Father: Stefano, 29 yo, possidente, son of Giovanni
Mother: Colomba Cascioli, 29 yo, possidente, daughter of Nicola
ZackLofton27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZackLofton27 »

Wow!!! Thank you both a million times! I have been entering data for hours; going back several generations from the transcriptions on familysearch.org! This is the 1905 of birth of Giovanni Antonio Ruggiero, whose father was Domenico Ruggiero. Is Domenico not mentioned on this birth record? I am trying to find the marriage of Domenico Ruggiero to Rosa Maria Palumbro/Palumbo. Their first known child was Emilio Ruggiero born in Roseto Valfortore on 27 September 1897.
Attachments
John Anthony Ruggiero 1905 birth.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Yes, he is mentioned :-)

Birth Act #85 - Giovanni Antonio Ruggiero
Dated 26 June 1905 in Roseto
Presented by the midwife, Rosa Palumbo, daughter of deceased Michele, 58; the child was born at 5:20 PM on the 24th of the month at the house in Via la Croce #42, to Maria Rosa Palumbo, wife of Domenico Ruggiero [son of Michelantonio], both farmers residing in this town.
The child was given the name Giovanni Antonio
Witnesses to the record:
Don Francesco Saverio Carcioli, 42, priest; and Nicola Donato Palumbo, 41, farmer.

T.
ZackLofton27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZackLofton27 »

Thank you!!! I did finally see his name... Domenico Ruggiero supposedly was born 05 November 1868 (perhaps and likely in Roseto Valfortore. He married Rosa Maria Palumbo probably sometime before 1897, as their first son Emilio Ruggiero was supposed to have been born in 1897. Rosa Maria was supposedly born 16 July 1871.

My grandfather's brother's wife was Elizabeth Mary "Liz" Filigno Kurko (1922-2003)... I knew her well, and also knew her mother. Rosina Gertrude "Rose" (DiFranco) (Americanized to DeFranke) Filigno (1905-2003). Aunt Liz was the granddaughter of Antonio and Elisabetta (Giannini) Filigno and of Luigi DiFranco (1878-1916) and Maria Giuseppa (Ruggiero) DiFranco Santavicca (1881-1952) (whose birth record is above). We used to drop Aunt Liz off at this house in my hometown (it is very nearby where we all live); but the house is now torn down. She said her cousins lived there (the Ruggieros). I never did find out from her HOW they were cousins, and I honestly do not think SHE KNEW exactly how. The "Ruggiero" that lived in the home was the one surviving daughter of Domenico and Rosa Maria (Palumbo) Ruggiero. I later became good friends with Domenico and Rosa Maria's great-granddaughter. She is the granddaughter of Giovanni Antonio Ruggiero (1905 birth record above). I hope we can find a connection between my Aunt Liz's family and Domenico's family (my friend's family).
ZackLofton27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZackLofton27 »

Here is the marriage record (1898) of Luigi DiFranco and Maria Giuseppe Ruggiero, would you translate, please? :D :D
Attachments
Luigi DiFranco and Maria Guiseppa Ruggiero 06 Oct 1898 Marriage Record Roseto Valfortore.png.jpg