Missing time in Ripalimosani records: Tartaglia/Pece/Mitri/Trivisonno links

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Missing time in Ripalimosani records: Tartaglia/Pece/Mitri/Trivisonno links

Post by Barbarossa »

Hello all ( draft two as my first complete post disappeared on preview before copying text :evil: )

Does anyone have knowledge of why there is a lag in birth records for Ripalimosani from 1866-1874?

It's proving a challenge in determining some data around mutual family lines in Tartaglia/Pece/Mitri/Trivisonno connections.

Also, impacting is the missing data from Santo Stefano after 1865 as some of the descendants in this search, did move there after marriages to Mitri residents of SS.

The difficulty is around the birth parents of a Maria Francesca Pece - suggested to be born c. 1867 in Ripa to GAETANO PECE (c 1840) and ANNANTONIA TARTAGLIA.

Several Gaetano are identified but none linked to an Anna Tartaglia or to a child Ma. Francesca Pece.

Extensive searching in Ripa records finds no trace of an Annantonia Tartaglia or marriage to a Pece. Although, it did lead to many additions of data records to other lines in the Tartaglia/Pece/Mitri/Trivisonno families... so a win some lose some case.

The connecting point for my blood lines are between Antonio Mitri b. 1861 in SS and Ma. Francesca Pece.

Antonio's parents, Michele and Domenica Maria Grandillo.

The first known child of Antonia and Ma. Francesca (Frances) is LIBERATO JOSEPH MITRI, b. 1889 IN SS and passed in NF, New York in 1972 [this is where a mutual relation came to contact me on shared lines].

Liberato married Maria Loreta Silvaroli b. 1889 -1975.

Aside from a few Tartaglia's in Ripa, others are know in S. Elia a Pianisi. Nothing so far seems to suggest there was a Pece/Tartaglia union that led to Ma. Francesca c. 1867 -- of course in the range of missing data for both Ripa and SS.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Re: Missing time in Ripalimosani records: Tartaglia/Pece/Mitri/Trivisonno links

Post by brogie62 »

I don't know what you mean by a lag. Here is Maria Francesca Pece's birth record (bottom right one sentence then continues onto next page). You may need to be at a FHC to view.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=328055
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

Here is the main part (attached)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 1.50.38 PM.png
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

She was born 20 Jun 1867 to Gaetano Pece, son of the late Luigi, age 39 and Annantonia Tartaglia, daughter of Gaetano, age 40.
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

: ) you beat me to it as I typed my previous reply.
I think I shall be able to work back from there.
I don't seem to have a Luigi that fits this picture, but the time frame for the birth of Gaetano at least gives me the place to work from.

If it's not too much trouble to ask, is there any marriage record available for Gaetano and Anna ?

Thank you greatly for this and your time.
John

Ironically, I do have blood lines with Pece/Tartaglia and Trivisonno but none that gave me any insight to this couple.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

Here is Gaetano's birth
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 2.04.25 PM.png
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

Awesome! that I'm able to locate on Antenati.
I suppose the better question I should have asked is if Annantonia's parents were native to Ripa.
I'll start poking around to see if her record of birth is in Ripa now.

What exactly does one have to do to be a "member" of the LDS as opposed to just a user of the website in order to see these available records? I never thought about that before.

PS, the Petti parent of Gaetano now poses the possibility there may be blood lines on this Pece side too as I have di Petta (Petti) Great grandparents generations back.... something new to explore here.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

All of these records are available on Antenati. Here is the marriage of Gaetano & Annantonia:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

I just checked Antenati birth records and saw what you meant by the lag. There is a gap in the birth records in that time frame.
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

Yes, it's odd - that and the fact Santo Stefano stops at 1865. Fortunately a cousin in Campobasso city has been a great source of filling in the SS gaps for me (she has many lines of family there too, as I never realized I had until we came into eachothers 'branches').

I've been able to map the Tartaglia branch - I already had in place, unbeknownst to me, the relations of Annantonia from her parents back. It links back to S.Elia and to Tartaglia blood lines I had already known of.

Now, just trying to sort out the Pece side. At first review I can't seem to find any marriage traces of Luigi and his Petti wife from 1816-1828 in Ripa. Taking a quick look at Casalciprano and then my parents home of Castropignano (and Roccaspromonte) as Petti's are native to both areas. This is assuming that Teresa Petti wasn't native to Ripa and the marriage took place in her home commune. Of the Luigi Pece's I have on my branches, Gaetano's father doesn't seem to have been one given the birth of c. 1800-1.

AGAIN, thank you so much for giving me the kick in the pants to lead me the right way.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

You are welcome. Sometimes it just takes a fresh set of eyes.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

The marriage of Luigi and Maria Teresa is here (right side). It was in Ripa in 1819 but there was no index for that year. The 1 page index near the beginning was for some death records mixed in.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

your keen eye is appreciated !!!

Also, I should probably wait til heavy doses of cold meds wear off, before trying to read through so many records. lol. I missed that detail in the 1819 portion of marriage records.

Once I did see your note, and I went through the Processetti, a huge back fill was added. Of course, again, some of the persons were hanging about already but they didn't have the benefit of being bridged with the lines I was back-ending from.

One thing I wanted to mention, for the benefit of anyone else looking into the Pece name, I did find some records that indicated there were some Pece who where also known as "Peggio", in particular, one 1903 death record for a young Gaetano Pece/ Peggio who was apparently oversears in BA Argentina at the time of his passing. [no determined connections as yet to any of the Pece in Ripa but,obviously significant enough to record at the time].

Jumping aside, in the case of this families Petti line, that goes back to di Bartolomeo & di Santo on the maternal side; on the Tartaglia side the maternal line goes back to Sicialiano & Gammieri (San Germano, Frosinone) and di Nunzio / Mele from Ripa.

Hope that at least documenting some of this may benefit others too.

:D :idea: