Has rule changed in Italian Citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
italocan

Has rule changed in Italian Citizenship

Post by italocan »

I was born in Italy (1948), emigrated to Canada and got my Canadian Citizenship. Married an Italian born who also emigrated & got his canadian citizenship. When law passed & we got our dual (Italian/Canadian) citizenship with passports. Now we had 3 children at the time of the passage of the dual citizenship - two were minors & had the dual citizenship but third one was over 18 years old and was refused the dual citizenship. As the law changed since then or is there an avenue that she too could get it.

Would like to know a little more about this issue.
Thank you.
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: Has rule changed in Italian Citizenship

Post by jennabet »

Actions of the parents affects only the minor children. The child that was over 18 and refused Italian citizenship can live in Italy and become a naturalized Italian citizen after three years which would be an expedited path because it normally takes ten years. Or if the child marries an Italian citizen can apply through marriage.
Aritalaj

Re: Has rule changed in Italian Citizenship

Post by Aritalaj »

Can you help me? Consultation In the story I never knew before.