Relatives of Anthony Rao

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
rp76226
Master
Master

Relatives of Anthony Rao

Post by rp76226 »

Trying to find the parents and grandparents of Anthony Rao. He was born in November 1933 and died in November 1972 in an accident at Eco Labs in South Hackensack, New Jersey where he was burned over 90% of his body. He had a brother Joseph. In December 1966, he married Teresa Palmieri. The marriage took place in Hackensack, NJ. The Certificate number is 43557.
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Relatives of Anthony Rao

Post by ffusiak »

I only located one article on the incident (attached).

I possible located an interment record - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=268807 suggesting he is buried in George Washington Memorial Park in Paramus, NJ - http://www.georgewashingtonmemorialpark.org/rules.asp - you may want to contact the cemetery.

The internment record is from Immaculate Conception (https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library) - there are no marriage records. I recommend you order the marriage certificate from the state - https://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/order-vital/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you for your help. I was surprised that no social security record has been found yet by Ancestry.com. Sometimes, not often, those have parents.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

rp76226 wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 23:59 Thank you for your help. I was surprised that no social security record has been found yet by Ancestry.com. Sometimes, not often, those have parents.
The SSDI record on Ancestry has an Anthony Rao died Nov 1972 but born 3 Jan 1934, New Jersey

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Maybe a different one. I set him up on a research tree of mine, and I'm not seeing that hint. According to his widow, he was born in November 1933. She never met the parents who were already deceased when she married him. She's asked me to find his parents and grandparents, but so far I'm striking out. However, since the death date is the same, if you can send me a copy of that record since I am not seeing it on Ancestry.com, I will review it.

Ron
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ffusiak »

I only see one Anthony Rao with a brother Joseph in the 1940 census - he is listed as 8 making his birth year 1932

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2000219
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

That might be him, especially given that the brother matches what we know, but there are contradictions. It states in the census that he was born in Ohio, but in the Interment attachment that you sent me previously, it states that he was born in South Hackensack which is New Jersey. It even gives the street address. Also, by the age (38) given in the Interment record, that would imply he was born in 1934 which then would match the SSDI record given earlier by Biff83 instead of 1932 per the census record.
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ffusiak »

WIth respect to the place of birth, I would not put too my credence on it - looking at church records in NJ - it is usually the family current address. I did locate another record in the 1949 New Britain, CT High School Yearbook but I do not know if this is your guy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you. Really appreciate your efforts. Know from the widow that the marriage date is right, but only found a marriage index - no parents on it. Not sure if the actual marriage certificate will have parents, but haven't found it. That would be the most obvious verifiable connection. Not sure, other than what has been found, if there is a more official death record that might contain the parents' names.
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ffusiak »

Yes, In NJ the parents are typically listed. Here is a death notice from the The Record Hackensack NJ Sun 5 Nov 1972 p95 c3, but still no parents. And another article on the incident - not the best quality.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you for the additional information. That's the road the record of internments said was where he was born. Now it looks more as where he was living.
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ffusiak »

I recommend you order the marriage certificate from the state - https://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/order-vital/

I cannot find anything on the St. Mary RC Church as I suspect they were married either there or Immaculate Conception that listed his interment.

Good Luck - NJ records typically take 2-3 weeks after the request.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

On your first reply, your first URL link is for Family Search, but it says the photo is unavailable online. Do you have a picture of it? Here's the link -

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=268807
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ffusiak »

That is the book of interment record that I posted as I was at the library and knew it would not be available.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Found out additional information about Anthony Rao from the widow. The yearbook and census are not him. He was born in Rosarno, Reggio Calabria and did not come to the United States until 1956 (found an Ellis Island record of Antonio Rao arriving here March 29 from Naples, but it has no other key information). So therefore his original name must have been Antonio (or Antonino) and his brother must have been Giuseppe. His father lived here in America for 10 years and became a citizen, then went back to Italy, married and had Antonio with the hope of coming back, but never did. When Tony turned turned 21 he started his paperwork to file that he was a naturalized citizen and after a year paperwork was done and he came to the states. Unfortunately, the online records for Rosarno end about 1910 and Antonio was likely born between 1932 and 1934.