Italian Church Festivals.

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
C_Artale
Rookie
Rookie

Italian Church Festivals.

Post by C_Artale »

Do you have Italian church festivals or feasts where you live? Do you attend?

We have several annual events here in Utica, NY. Including the upcoming pilgrimage and feast of Sts. Cosmas and Damian. Many busloads of Italian-Canadians come to attend, and also many attendees travel from throughout the Northeast.

http://www.catholicregister.org/home/in ... a-festival

This year is the 104th annual.

http://www.stanthonystagnes.com/comasdamian.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Surnames of interest:
Artale, Minincleri, Cattat (Accattato), Manfredi, Licetti, Durso, Pizzuto
C_Artale
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Italian Church Festivals.

Post by C_Artale »

No replies? Nobody? But where do all those people in the fried-dough line come from? LOL... :lol:
Surnames of interest:
Artale, Minincleri, Cattat (Accattato), Manfredi, Licetti, Durso, Pizzuto
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

I live in Italy. In my city, we have a church/neighborhood feast nearly every week from May to October and we see and hear fireworks all summer long.
shopperaware

Post by shopperaware »

That's good news. I should visit you once
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi! I live in New Jersey and we have many Italian Church Festivals. I usually go to two every year. St. Ann Church in Hoboken and the Hoboken Italian Festival.

St. Ann's Church on Jefferson Street has the best zeppole that sometimes the line is a block and a half long. They are the very best because the women of St. Ann's Guild makes them. Here is the link to the feast:

http://www.stannhoboken.com/index.php/p ... -ann-feast

The Hoboken Italian Festival is a feast of the Madonna dei Martiri from St. Frances Church in Hoboken. This is also a wonderful feast that is located in Sinatra Park right on the Hudson River. The procession starts at St. Frances Church and goes to the river. They put the Madonna on a boat and she goes up the Hudson River to where the feast is located where she blesses the harbor. They then walk her up the feast. Here is the link to the feast:

http://www.hobokenitalianfestival.com/w ... w/history/

If anyone is traveling to New Jersey this would be two great feasts to attend.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Lanasmil

Post by Lanasmil »

Nice festival, hope to visit nex time. As my friend lives in Italy and I will visit there.
italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianmutt »

Also in NJ- the feast of St. Gerard at St. Lucy's in Newark. My family has been attending/serving since 1913. Newark was the first "Little Italy" with over 30k Italians in one square mile at its biggest point. St. Lucy was the ward's church, and it is the national shrine of St. Gerard. It used to be much bigger, but it is still worth going to.
wnygrl585

Post by wnygrl585 »

I use to live in Utica, NY and St Mary Mt. Carmel and St Anthony's were two I went to. Miss them. We have an Italian festival here but the food was and still is much better in Utica.
Darioto

Post by Darioto »

Here where I live we have nothing like that((( I hope to come back to States asap and enjoy events!
couponstechie

Post by couponstechie »

If I could get time I will definitely visit there. I just want to tell you that if you want products related to your festival first find them online and buy them to save money.
https://www.couponstechie.com/
KelseyJohnson

Post by KelseyJohnson »

The article is astoundingly awesome and coordinate. This is precisely what I require.
I have never thought the assurance delegates give mindful idea in web arranging that way.
Read All about Free online movies provider movie2k to movie4k
Thanks
katiemolina44

Post by katiemolina44 »

There are many festivals here in the summer. There is the start of it all with Summerfest and then ending with some type of fest on labor day weekend usually. These all carry a wide variety or music acts as well as plenty of food to eat a variety from at. The folk fair is great, it is indoors as it's in fall and has a selection of foods from all over the world at different booths. Grey Campus Coupons Anything from Chinese fortune cookies, a bag of them for a dollar up to Indian or Asian foods, etc. They have others in between like German potato pancakes and "American" hot dogs and french fries. Whatever you prefer to try.
philippap26

Post by philippap26 »

italianmutt wrote: 03 Jan 2017, 16:47 Also in NJ- the feast of St. Gerard at St. Lucy's in Newark. My family has been attending/serving since 1913. Newark was the first meilleure agence SEO Paris "Little Italy" with over 30k Italians in one square mile at its biggest point. St. Lucy was the ward's church, and it is the national shrine of St. Gerard. It used to be much bigger, but it is still worth going to.
Even without the festivities, it is always a pleasure to visit these monuments.
KelseyJohnson

Post by KelseyJohnson »

Excellent information Providing by your Article, thank you for taking the time to share with us such a nice article.
Book Dharamshala in Haridwar.
AnnaSmith

Post by AnnaSmith »

I'll definitely visit here on my vacation. I really love joining this, can't wait.
customxmlittlerock.com