Polish Genealogy- Kirklewski

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Polish Genealogy- Kirklewski

Post by ffusiak »

Yes , but they really do not cover southern Poland.

Here is the best source for Poland research - https://sites.google.com/view/polishgen ... rnet-tools - that details tools and sites.
ffusiak
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ffusiak »

One of the simplest search criteria is to do wildcard search - first three or more letter followed by an asterisk

Ant* - this will get you Antoni, Anthony and any variation. You can do this for both the first and surname.

Another trick is to reverse the names; thus in the first name place Kirkle* and surname - Ant*. - It is good to do just to see if an indexer transposed the name.
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

Last night I was doing some research on some of the other family members. When Albin came to US he listed a Wincenty Kirklewski as his US contact and uncle.

Then in1902 a Josef Kirklewski came to US and listed Wincenty Kirkland as his brother which would mean he too was an uncle to both Albin and Antoni. Wincenty lived in Thondike? Massachusetts.

Working backwards, I found Joseph Kirklewski b 1879 Poland married to Ludwika/Louisa b 1884 Poland. They lived in Bristol Massachusetts which is another polish area my family lived in.

I found a tree on ancestry with Josef and Ludwika I it and there was a link to find a grave. As it was stated in find a grave-the marriage record for them had Josef name as Jozupas Kirklauskas which may be the Polish/ Russian way of spelling the name😀
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

Last night I was doing some research on some of the other family members. When Albin came to US he listed a Wincenty Kirklewski as his US contact and uncle.

Then in1902 a Josef Kirklewski came to US and listed Wincenty Kirkland as his brother which would mean he too was an uncle to both Albin and Antoni. Wincenty lived in Thondike? Massachusetts.

Working backwards, I found Joseph Kirklewski b 1879 Poland married to Ludwika/Louisa b 1884 Poland. They lived in Bristol Massachusetts which is another polish area my family lived in.

I found a tree on ancestry with Josef and Ludwika I it and there was a link to find a grave. As it was stated in find a grave-the marriage record for them had Josef name as Jozupas Kirklauskas which may be the Polish/ Russian way of spelling the name😀
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by poliquie »

saamisam

Post by saamisam »

I can add that I found a newspaper article about Antoni Kirklewski's death. It occurred in the kitchen of the home he shared with Antonina Kania Kirklewski, in her presence and the presence of their children. The oldest child was 12. He died of a gunshot wound. Antonina said he shot himself. One police detective was skeptical due to the location of the wound. Antoni had been out of work and told his wife he was out of state looking for work, intending to come home and collect Antonina and their five children to move them to New Jersey with him. He had previously been arrested twice for nonsupport. The revolver was found under the mattress is the bedroom, casting some doubt about the claim that it was a suicide.

The article appears in The Hartford Courant, 11 November 1929. A sad tale, no matter how it happened. I've attached the article for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.