Pasquale Angelicola (not from Connecticut)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Pasquale Angelicola (not from Connecticut)

Post by DanceDiva234 »

Hi everyone! I have hit a wall. My great grandfather was Pasquale (Patsy) Angelicola, born in Celenza Valfortore in 1891. He married Caterina D'Attellis in 1912 and lived most of his life in New York. He is not the same Pasquale Angelicola who was from Connecticut, but that Pasquale has the same name and was from Celenza Valfortore as well. There birthdates do differ by about 5 years.

I cannot find a birth record or immigration record on Ancestry. He did immigrate to the US in early 1900's. I cannot find any information on his siblings. His family most likely was living in Conneticut and related to the other Pasquale Angelicola, possibly cousins. Does anyone have information on the Angelicola tree and relatives related to my great grandfather?

There are rumors that Patsy's siblings were in Conneticut possibly and had the names Anthony (Toni), Lina (Angelina), Mary, and Suzie. This could be wrong info though.

Thank you!
Family names: D'Attellis, Angelicola, Iarezza, Messineo, La Monica, Spero, Angelini
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Pasquale Angelicola (not from Connecticut)

Post by Tessa78 »

This is YOUR Pasquale?

Name: Pasquale Angelicola
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1942
Event Place: Woodside, Queens, New York, United States
Residence Place: Woodside, Queens, New York
Employer: Pasquale/Angelicola
Birth Date: 01 Jan 1891
Record Number: 4556

Unfortunately, the digitized records for Celenza Valfortore appear to go only to 1890 for births.
You will need to write to the Comune to request Pasquale's birth act.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2043436

That being said, it IS possible to find some records for his parents. Do you know their names?

If not, you should be able to find the names on his marriage record.
Here is the NYC database listing for the marriage of Pasquale and Caterina in 1912.

ID#1184585 Angelonciola Pasquale, Feb 4 1912, Cert#925, Kings County, Bride: Dattelli

T.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

I believe this is Pasquale's 1891 birth act from Celenza Valforte. Top left

Presented in the town hall on 2 Jan 1891 by father Giuseppe Angelicola, 24, a farmer, who stated that at 7:10 pm on the 1st of January in a house at Via Colle, #5, from his wife Lucia Cantando, a farmer, was born a male child he named Pasquale.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=339919

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Hi, T.!

The Celenza births are mixed among other comunes on Familysearch on another "roll" of film.

Biff
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Great find, Biff!!!! :-)

Thanks for the "heads up" about the mix in records.

Here is the marriage of Giuseppe Angelicola and Lucia Cantando in 1888.
Giuseppe is age 20, farmer, son of Nicola, and of Mariantonia Iarossi(?)
Maria Lucia is age 21, farmer, daughter of deceased Francesco Saverio, and deceased Trunzo(sp?)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436

AND I believe this is the arrival of Pasquale in 1903 to New York.
The transcription on Ancestry has his birth about 1886 and his age about 17. There appears to be an "overwrite" on the passenger list making his age 14, which brings it closer in line to his birth year.
More importantly, he is from Celenza Valfortore and is going to his father Giuseppe at Metropolitan St. in Brooklyn.
Line 21
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... 1558122696

T.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Great finds, T.!

Here is Pasquale's wife's 1895 birth act from Celenza Valforte. Bottom left.

Presented in the town hall on 21 March 1895 by father Michele d'Attellis, 47, farmer, who stated that at 4:30 pm on the 20th of March in a house at Via San Michele, #16, from his wife Maria Lucia Iarezza?, a farmer, was born a femalde child he named Maria Catterina.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=339919

Biff
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I think you are right about the surname Iarezza.

I thought that was the surname of Pasquale's mother as well, but couldn't find it in the region.

T.
DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DanceDiva234 »

Thank you guys so much! my grandmother was excited to hear who her grandfather and grandmother were.
Family names: D'Attellis, Angelicola, Iarezza, Messineo, La Monica, Spero, Angelini