Help finding Giovanna Fradella and Raimondo Imbro children and their marriages

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Help finding Giovanna Fradella and Raimondo Imbro children and their marriages

Post by lyn1982 »

Hi again. Using DNA I've figured out that one set of my great grandfathers grandparents are Raimondo Imbro 1832–1887 and Giovanna Fradella 1851–?.

I am trying to find who all their children are and the marriages of those children. Then I will trace the spouses and see if I have DNA matches to those lines.

So far I have:

Daughter Michaela Imbro born 1871 married Cologero Trupia in 1892, I have that marriage info. Traced back his line and it doesn't seem to DNA match to me.

Son Antonino Imbro born 1871 married Carmela Terrasi sometime in the early 1900s. They lived in Brooklyn, NY and had children born in the early 1900s, I've not traced her line back but being that she was born in 1883 and my great grandfather about 1896 I don't think this would be the correct one.

Son Eugene Imbro born 1877 married Maria Cristina SanFilippo. I haven't yet found their marriage, but saw this on ancestry family trees. Seems their earliest known child was born in 1896. Isn't my great grandfather tho as this man is traceable after 1915. This couple immigrated to and lived in NYC in 1915.

According to ancestry family trees eldest child Vincenza Imbro born AUG 1865 married Raffaele De Leo. But this info is just from ancestry family trees and the person has no date for the marriage and when I looked I could find it.

Raimondo Imbro and Giovanna Fradella also have daughters Virginia and Annunziata and sons Alfredo and Empedocle (not sure if this was just a baby that died, cause weird they would name a baby after the town) according to peoples ancestry family trees but I've not found marriages for any of them. There may be more children too. A lot of years for marriage and birth records seem to be missing. ;(

I've also found this marriage in 1908 that I think is another of their children marrying. Can't make out the name. https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return If anybody could tell me the name and their spouses name and all the information on their spouses family tho this too is unlikely to be it, unless the parents married after my great grandfather was born.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help finding Giovanna Fradella and Raimondo Imbro children and their marriages

Post by Tessa78 »

The 1908 marriage information...

Virginia Imbro, 28, was daughter of deceased Raimondo [Imbro] and of Giovanna Fradella who resides in Porto Empedocle. Virginia was born and resides in Porto Empedocle.

Calogero Lo Petro, 35, was the son of deceased Giuseppe Lo Petro who resided in Palma Montechiaro; and of Palma di Leone who resides in Milano. Calogero was born in Porto Empedocle and resides in Milano. He was a clerk.

T.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Re: Help finding Giovanna Fradella and Raimondo Imbro children and their marriages

Post by lyn1982 »

Thank you very much!
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Thank you very much. That will be the next one I will trace. Tho I think the Vincenza Imbro/Raffael De Leo is looking to be more likely since so far all the others immigrated or married too late. But I've looked in most or all of the available years and not found that marrage.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Went back and found Vincenza Imbro's birth record. It has the note about her marriage to Raffael De Leo. But I see both the years 1881 and 1882 mentioned. I think I looked before in one of those and another year wasn't available. Here is link to birth record (its on top left): https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return
Can anybody tell me what exact date it says for her marriage and if it mentions where it happened?
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Can you post the record?
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Sure. Just interested in date of marriage. I see dates 1881 and 1882 both on the side. Hope marriage didn't happen in 1882 those records are a mixture of missing and damaged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Hi. I read this:
Vincenza Imbrò married on 10 September 1881 in Porto Empedocle with Raffaele d'Aleo. Act n. 56 (of that marriage register). The other date (1882) is when the note was written.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Thank you very much! :)
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

I've not yet looked for the marriage record but I do have DNA matches to De Leos. Notably four matches decended from two different children of Antonio Russo 1805–1869 and Carmela DI LEO Russo 1811–1857
born in Ribera. So this may be it. Much thanks to everyone whos helped along the way. Later I'll find the marriage record hopefully and see if that De Leo comes up with more DNA matches.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Do you have any DNA matches to persons from Calabria?
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

I have a bunch that pop up on ancestry when I search Calabria under location, but I'm not if that is the connection with me and them. Why do you ask?

I had two decent sized clusters that I tracked recently. One with the De Leo/Ribera, Agrigento connection. The other was a cluster of unknown matches that may be on Joseph's side seem to be from either Marineo, Palermo, Sicilia, Italy or Palombo, Teramo, Abruzzo, Italy (don't know for sure whether connection is on the wife or husbands line for the several matches descending from this couple both born in the late 1800s, seems to be on the Palombo one as no matches further back on husbands line, but I can't track further back for the wife as her parents are unknown on her marriage record). But hopefully I won't need to trace more matches in this cluster any further cause hopefully I'll have matches to the Raffaele d'Aleo line when I track that line.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

There was a Giuseppe Raimondo born in Zagarise, Catanzaro, Calabria in 1893. He immigrated in 1912, leaving his father Domenico in Zagarise and joining his brother Pietro in Ottawa Canada, and then he made a border crossing at Niagara Falls, NY in 1915. I don’t know what happened to him after that.

I had found another immigration record for Giuseppe Raimondo who left his mother Maria in Zagarise, so I thought it was a possibility. However, it turns out that was not the one in question, rather it was his first cousin, another Giuseppe Raimondo who immigrated, too. Domenico’s wife was Giuseppina Gagliotti, not Maria. So, it’s probably just another false alarm.

DNA matching seems to give better results than the paper trail.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

The other interesting thing was that there are a couple of family trees which have the brothers and parents of that Giuseppe Raimondo but they don't have Giuseppe, as if they didn't know about him. I found his birth record so I know he existed.

It seems Giuseppe Raimondo also had a married brother named Egidio Raimondo who came over with him, but he's also omitted from the family trees, unless, of course, I've made a mistake.

I think the cousin changed his name from Giuseppe Raimondo to Joseph Raymond. Americanized but not very masking.