Town names- Surania and Ronhleo

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Town names- Surania and Ronhleo

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

Ok yes It seems as if the Guglielmo In the ship’s manifest is my Nonno from Soragna. I never knew my great grandfather but my father and my siblings always referred to him as Nonno and so I do the same.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

MaddalenaNYC wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 03:35 My Latin stinks. I only had a couple of semesters at University over forty years ago. Could you translate the Giovanni Musa particulars for me? I’ll pay you back as I can read German even in Fraktur. Thank you.
5° Musa Giuseppe.
Anno Domini millesimo octingentesimo octogesimo primo; die vero vigesima secunda mensis Martii.
Joseph filius Gulielmi Musa et Josephae Tezza hujus paroeciae jugalium; heri hora secunda pomeridiana natus, hac mane a me infrascripto est baptizatus; cum Patrinis: Aloysio Hieronimi Musa frater patris neonati et Haermina Mathaei Musa hujus paroeciae. In quorum fidem ...
Franciscus Gibertini Prior

In the year of the Lord 1881; on the 22nd of March.
Giuseppe son of Guglielmo Musa and Giuseppa Tezza, spouses of this parish; born yesterday at 2 p.m., was baptized by me infrascribed this morning; godparents: Luigi son of Girolamo Musa, brother of the father of the newborn and Ermina daughter of Matteo Musa of this parish.
In witness whereof ...
The Prior Francesco Gibertini
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

Well, I have flip flopped again. I did some more digging through the immigration files at Ellis Island and I have evidence, albeit it scant, that Giuseppa Tezza was in the States circa 1887. And that her daughter, my Maria, was born in Brooklyn. I took a stab and called the Catholic parish here in Brooklyn that may have facilitated the Baptism of my Maria.

A lovely young woman at the Rectory will look through the old, fragile volumes that they have on hand,
pam.cuneo@gmail.com

Post by pam.cuneo@gmail.com »

#32. Baptism act for Ampelia Maria Musa in Carzeto on 20.11.1882. Birth the same day.
Father: Guglielmo. Mother: Giuseppa Tezza.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=124

Would someone be willing to translate Ampelia Musa's baptism record? I tried but I am not able.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

pam.cuneo@gmail.com wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 01:26 #32. Baptism act for Ampelia Maria Musa in Carzeto on 20.11.1882. Birth the same day.
Father: Guglielmo. Mother: Giuseppa Tezza.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=124

Would someone be willing to translate Ampelia Musa's baptism record? I tried but I am not able.

Hi there

You've posted a broken link. Try posting it again and someone will look at it for you. The best way to copy a link, is to right click on the address bar, click on "copy" and then just "paste" here. This way it shouldn't break.

Angela
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=124464

32° Musa Ampelia.
Anno Domini millesimo octingentesimo octogesimo secundo; die vero vigesima mensis Novembris.
Ampelia Maria filia Gulielmi Musa et Josephae Tezza hujus paroeciae jugalium; hac elapsa nocte in dimidio nata, hodie a Reverendo Domino hujus paroecae Capellano delegato est baptizata; cum Matrina: Arrigoni Maria ex Johanne hujus paroeciae. In quorum fidem ...
Franciscus Gibertini Prior

In the year of the Lord 1882; on November 20th.
Ampelia Maria daughter of Guglielmo Musa and Giuseppa Tezza, spouses of this parish; born in the middle of last night, was baptized today by the Reverend Chaplain of this parish; godmother: Maria Arrigoni daughter of Giovanni of this parish.
In witness whereof ...
The Prior Francesco Gibertini
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱