INFORMATIONS REQUEST

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kepi
Rookie
Rookie

INFORMATIONS REQUEST

Post by kepi »

Hi from Kepi!
I wuold like having some informations, always about the italian immigration a century ago.
How did the immigrations arrive to Colorado from NYC a century ago? (transport)
is there in a Trinidad city hall the immigrants'names' register of a century ago?
sorry for my english...
thanks very much
kepi
Sal
Rookie
Rookie

Re: INFORMATIONS REQUEST

Post by Sal »

Hi Kepi,
My grandfather and grandmother emigrated to the Trinidad, Colorado area (town of Hastings) in 1901 and 1905. They came from Trentino, went to France for the ship to New York. From New York, they took a train to Trinidad, Colorado where they got jobs in the coal mines. Not too many of the Trinidad, Colorado documents are online, but the Holy Trinity Catholic Church has records dating to the 1800s for births, death, and marriages. Take a look at my website www.trentinoheritage.com for more information about Colorado, Trinidad, old photographs, and sources of information. If you can post some information about the family you are looking for, some of us may be able to help.

Sal
kepi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kepi »

thanks, but my g grandfather was from Veneto, not Trentino... :cry:
Sal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sal »

There are some databases that I can possibly access through my local library -- what were your grandparents' names and approximately when did they live in the Trinidad, Colorado area? Try the genealogy forum on www.trinidadco.com . There are some people there who will look up information at the Trinidad church and village records.

Sal
kepi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kepi »

yes, but I tried the genealogy forum trinidadco.com, but I don't get at find something about him.How I can make?
Givigliano

Post by Givigliano »

Kepi,
I live in Trinidad, Colorado. I have access to the records of the Catholic Cemetery there--if you need someone looked up, I'd be glad to help you.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Kepi we need his first and last name and so that we can pick him up arriving at NYC, get bio info and send you tohis town of origin in Italy for birth,marriage or death records if they exist since that part of Italy was deprived of the Napoleons Civil Service institutions. Some towns adopted the practice inNorthern Italy and some did not. To find additonal prior genelaogy records in Veneto you can go thru the local church and military records. In dealing with the church you need to turn the statue of St Anthony upside down.
=Peter=
~Peter~