Two Caivano towns?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Two Caivano towns?

Post by scorpione »

HELP!

While searching the Italian location database I put in Caivano and got two locations One was the township I know near Naples .The other is a hamlet for Routi (POtenza) .What is this all about ? Also I can't find the hamlet Caivano on a map. Now I wonder which one my Relatives are from . Please advise .
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Two Caivano towns?

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
I don't know where you found the other Caivano, but I consider Italyworldclub one of the best sites about hamlets and comunes of Italy

http://www.italyworldclub.com/

If you really don't know where your ancestors came from, give us all the details, and we drive you in the right direction to find names of parents of you ancestors
bye Riccardo
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scorpione »

Riccardo,

Thanks for the help. I do know my family background back to about 1803. I found that out by using the microfiche ,'available back until 1803.I know I can go to the churches to go back farther and sent a letter to them yesterday.My problem is that all the records so far are from Pontelatone or Formicola.Those are correct as my grandfather told me when he was living with us until he died in 1965. The problem is that since my name is Caivano I am quite certain that at one point my family was from there before coming to Pontelatone.The town of Caivano is 9 miles north of Naples and only about 40 miles from Pontelatone.I thought it would be easy to search the records from Caivano (provincia di Napoli)but now that there seems to be another Caivano ,I am confused as to which they came from.

To find the Two Caivano towns do the following:

Go to the home page and under categories go to Forums.Under categories hit Locations in Italy (Edmundo is moderator.)Under Sticky hit how to find a town etc. Now hit "visit a database".Now hit" Visit Database of Ital. Loc.". Type in Caivano and see what you have .!Note that when you hit the map for the Caivano in Napoli it has a different longitude than when you hit the map for the Caivano town that is associated with Potenza( Routi). Note also that you cannot see Caivano when you view the Potenza listing map for Caivano.I am befuddled .Help!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi scropione,

This may not reveal if they originated in one of the Caivano, but......

Does the films from LDS include the "publication of marriage" records? Listed in films or as separate films as "pubblicazione di matrimonio", "processetti" or "allegati".

Although my comune records start in 1809, I have gotten back to the early to mid 1700's through the birth & death acts provided in these records. So, if your comune does have them, they are well worth checking carefully!

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

scorpione wrote:HELP!

While searching the Italian location database I put in Caivano and got two locations One was the township I know near Naples .The other is a hamlet for Routi (POtenza) .What is this all about ? Also I can't find the hamlet Caivano on a map. Now I wonder which one my Relatives are from . Please advise .
scorpione: here you can find Caivano hamleth in RUOTI town, please to enlarge the map
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scorpione »

Bon Giono Suanj,

I do not see the town of Caivano on the map as you say I should be able to. Where do you see it . Thanks.

( Io non vedo il villagio di Caivano sulla cartina)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

IF YOU ENLARGE the map by zoom(+) you see it, regards, suanj

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... oti0yr.jpg

Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scorpione »

Thanks Suanj .This is a great web site and I am proud to be a very very small part of it.