looking for family members have made post before with names.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mdybtct

looking for family members have made post before with names.

Post by mdybtct »

I posted before looking to find info for a family tree. with many of names i have no idea of where to start. I have some family last names and no only some family info but not much. I am clueless of where to go and of what to do . i have evevn contacted someone i know that does family trees for ppl and has never done any for and one with italian back grounds so this leaves me even more clueless of where to go. what i do know is my great grandfather on my grandfathers side is from puglia and so is his mother my great grandmother i know family names i am related to on her side and that is about it and where they all went. for my great grandfather i know he had 6 brothers and they all went seperate ways some are in canada and some are in the states and that is about all i know for that. now for my granmothers side the most i got from there is my great grandfather went from italy to india sometime in the 1800's an worked at a paper and then opened up and lime juice company and they called him mr molly with the lollies cause he always had candy for the neighbourhood children. there is more in my other post about the names of relation, but like i said earlier i am clueless.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: looking for family members have made post before with na

Post by wldspirit »

Starting with yourself, and working backwards, one generation at a time, using full names, birthdates, marriage dates, death dates and known children, obtaining documentation each step of the way...........this is how genealogy is done. Each record you access will list information and clues for you to follow.

We must have first and last names, location of where they lived, some type of identifying information to single them out.

If you can provide more concrete details on at least one member of the family, please let us know.

Also, here is an outline on genealogy research, perhaps it will help.......
http://www.graonline.com/cgi-bin/gra/do ... gratrailer
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mdybtct wrote:I posted before looking to find info for a family tree. with many of names i have no idea of where to start. I have some family last names and no only some family info but not much. I am clueless of where to go and of what to do . i have evevn contacted someone i know that does family trees for ppl and has never done any for and one with italian back grounds so this leaves me even more clueless of where to go. what i do know is my great grandfather on my grandfathers side is from puglia and so is his mother my great grandmother i know family names i am related to on her side and that is about it and where they all went. for my great grandfather i know he had 6 brothers and they all went seperate ways some are in canada and some are in the states and that is about all i know for that. now for my granmothers side the most i got from there is my great grandfather went from italy to india sometime in the 1800's an worked at a paper and then opened up and lime juice company and they called him mr molly with the lollies cause he always had candy for the neighbourhood children. there is more in my other post about the names of relation, but like i said earlier i am clueless.
Marianna Acadia (right ACCADIA) most probable came from San Marco in Lamis(Foggia province/Puglia region)... about the topic wldspirit adviced you very right, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

and also your Antonio Monaco most probable also from San Marco in Lamis... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, now I can say you with certainty that the Monaco in Hamilton, Ontario Canada coming from San Marco in Lamis... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Again, I cannot be certain of this info, it is up to you to correctly identify the family, but I did find this:

Surname Given Name Cemetery County Township Reference

MONACO Antonio Forest Lawn, Orangeville Dufferin Mono DU-RAYBURN

MONACO James V. Ste Therese, Cobalt (New section) Temiskaming Bucke TMK-

MONACO James Vincenzo Ste Therese, Cobalt (Old section) Temiskaming Bucke TMK-

MONACO Antonio Woodland Wentworth Flamborough East HM-350-2

MONACO Ernest Guiseppe (interred Holland) Elgin County Military Personnel (World War II) Elgin - EL-CWG

MONACO Marianna Woodland Wentworth Flamborough East HM-350-2

wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Here are two immigration records matching the names provided:

Surname: Accadia
Given name: Marianna
Sex: F
Nationality: It
Date of arrival: 1930/05/31 (YYYY/MM/DD)
Port of arrival: Quebec , Quebec
Ship: EMPRESS OF FRANCE , Canadian Pacific
Reference: RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-a
Volume: 1930 volume 7
Page: 83
Microfilm reel: T-14764

Surname: Monaco
Given name: Antonio
Sex: M
Nationality: It
Date of arrival: 1925/02/02 (YYYY/MM/DD)
Port of arrival: Halifax , Nova Scotia
Ship: LA BOURDONNAIS , French
Reference: RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-b
Volume: 1925 volume 1
Page: 109
Microfilm reel: T-14801

wldspirit
mdybtct

Post by mdybtct »

I thank You for the replies i just recieved them now i am going to look into it and see what other info I might be able to get.
mdybtct

Post by mdybtct »

what info i got about Marianna Accadia She was from Sansavedro pulgia, and for Antonio Monaco was from Sanmarco nin lamis town pulgia

as for another last name there is not much info about them other then the last name is Molini and they went to india he had a lime juice factory and also work with a press and every one called the one Mr Molly with the lollies as he always had treats for the kids in the streets.