Rossi Family - Belluno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vicks25

Rossi Family - Belluno

Post by vicks25 »

Hello Everyone,
I'm Looking for my family in Belluno, Italy and wondering how to go about looking for them. My Grandfather ELIO GIOVANNI ROSSI moved to England during WW2. He married and had 3 Children, VITTORIO ROSSI (My father), CHRISTINA ROSSI and ELANA ROSSI. Sadly my father passed away in 2000 and which was the year my daughter was born, she is nearly 6 now and she is asking about my family and where they are from. so if anyone knows any possible ways i can find them it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx ever so much for reading.
Victoria Rossi :o)
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Rossi Family - Belluno

Post by nuccia »

Hi Victoria!

Here's a list of Rossi's still living in Belluno, Italy...

Rossi

Could this be Elio's death record?

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2004 Recordinfo
about Elio Giovanni Rossi
Name: Elio Giovanni Rossi
Birth Date: 27 Apr 1920
Death Registration Month/Year: Jun 1988
Age at death (estimated): 68
Registration District: Surrey Mid-Eastern
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume: 17
Page: 122

Nuccia :D
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

vicks25 wrote:Hello Everyone,
I'm Looking for my family in Belluno, Italy and wondering how to go about looking for them. My Grandfather ELIO GIOVANNI ROSSI moved to England during WW2. He married and had 3 Children, VITTORIO ROSSI (My father), CHRISTINA ROSSI and ELANA ROSSI. Sadly my father passed away in 2000 and which was the year my daughter was born, she is nearly 6 now and she is asking about my family and where they are from. so if anyone knows any possible ways i can find them it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx ever so much for reading.
Victoria Rossi :o)
Hi Victoria,

Do you have any dates for anyone?

I found the following in the BMD of England Records. This is from the Death Index.

Name: Elio Giovanni Rossi
Birth Date: 27 Apr 1920
Death Registration Month/Year: Jun 1988
Age at death (estimated): 68
Registration District: Surrey Mid-Eastern
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume: 17
Page: 122

Name: Vittorio Clive Rossi
Birth Date: 13 Oct 1955
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 2000
Age at death (estimated): 44
Registration District: Hastings And Rother
Inferred County: East Sussex
Register Number: C69A
Entry number: 55

There isn't any microfilm for the town of Belluno, so you would have to write to the town directly for any Birth, Marriage, or Death Acts of your ancestors. Here is the address.

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Belluno
Piazza Duomo, 1
32100 Belluno BL
ITALY

Here is a link by ICC that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Here is the main website for the town.
http://www.comune.belluno.it/

I hope this helps some.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
vicks25

Post by vicks25 »

hello Nuccia,
Yes that is my grandad, Thanx so much for looking for me.

I really want to find his sister RITA ROSSI, he also had a brother and sister which were twins DINA & DINO ROSSI. My grandfather's mother was called TERESA or THERESA i'm not sure of the maiden name and his father's name was ARISTIDAD I'm not sure if that is the way you spell it.
They all come from a village called CALEIPO-SOSSAI. Im not sure if RITA has passed away but i do know that she was married and divorced and she also had children. DINA died when she was a teenager, she was either 16 or 18. DINO died during the war when he was saving others and bled to death. Thats all i really know, do you think with the little information i have will get me anywhere?
Really appreciate your time and effort.
Victoria Rossi :o
vicks25

Post by vicks25 »

Hello Trish,

Thanx for looking aswell, you and Nuccia have found records of my grandad and dad, I really am grateful for all your help. I will try looking with the information you both have given me. Anymore ideas I would love to hear them.
Thanx again, I will let you both know how I get on.
Victoria Rossi:o
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

vicks25 wrote:They all come from a village called CALEIPO-SOSSAI.
Victoria Rossi :o
Hi Victoria,

The town of Caleipo-Sossai is a frazioni di Belluno, so you would still write to Belluno for records.

Here is a link that shows the Italian Given Name and the English verision of the name. Maybe it will help you with the names you are looking for.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Poin ... ename.html

If you send for the death certificates, they might have more information on them.

I would also write to the town. Since you know the father's name and some of the children's names, you could send for a

Certificato Storico di Famiglia to the Ufficio Anagrafe.

The Ufficio Anagrafe is the same address as the Ufficio Stato Civile, just different words.

Here is the link to help write for the Certificato Storico di Famiglia

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... agrafe.asp

I hope this helps,
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
vicks25

Post by vicks25 »

Hello,
Does anyone know how to get italian death records, or is there an italian ancestry search online. every one i seem to go in are based in america but my grandad never lived in america. thankyou
Victoria
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

vicks25 wrote:Hello,
Does anyone know how to get italian death records, or is there an italian ancestry search online. every one i seem to go in are based in america but my grandad never lived in america. thankyou
Victoria
Hi Victoria,

There are ways to get Italian Death Acts but we need to know the town you are referring to. Then we can give you the address where to write.

I hope this helps,
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
vicks25

Post by vicks25 »

Hello,
The town is BELLUNO. I really want to know if my auntie RITA ROSSI is stll alive, I'm not sure if her name is short for something or not. i know she married but not sure of her married name. she then divorced so she might have gone back to rossi. She had 2 children and she was living in sossai, Belluno. My grandad also lived there before he moved to england. your help is really appreciated. thanx
Victoria
vicks25

Post by vicks25 »

hello again,
Also my great grandfathern name was ARISTADAD, I'm not sure if that is they way you spell it. Do you know if there is another way. thanx
Victoria
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

vicks25 wrote:Hello,
The town is BELLUNO. I really want to know if my auntie RITA ROSSI is stll alive, I'm not sure if her name is short for something or not. i know she married but not sure of her married name. she then divorced so she might have gone back to rossi. She had 2 children and she was living in sossai, Belluno. My grandad also lived there before he moved to england. your help is really appreciated. thanx
Victoria
Hi Victoria,

I had already given you the address where to write for Birth, Marriage, and Death Acts of your ancestors. Here is the address again.

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Belluno
Piazza Duomo, 1
32100 Belluno BL
ITALY

Women in Italy always maintain their maiden name. They do not change their surname to that of their spouse like we do here in the USA. Therefore, if Rita is in Italy, she should still be under her maiden name.

Here is a link for PagineBianche telephone directory.
http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

I hope this helps some also,
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

vicks25 wrote:hello again,
Also my great grandfathern name was ARISTADAD, I'm not sure if that is they way you spell it. Do you know if there is another way. thanx
Victoria
ARISTIDE
bye Riccardo