Google Earth Problem Finding Address

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
rp76226
Master
Master

Google Earth Problem Finding Address

Post by rp76226 »

I inputted this address into Google Earth Pro, hoping to get a photo of an ancestor's actual address:

Via Ariosto, 5, 92020 Racalmuto, AG, Italy

Google Earth "finds" the address, so I attempt a street view of it by dragging and dropping the "little man figure" onto the street by the point mark for it. Instead of that address, it comes up as 29 Via Manzoni. Can't seem to get a photo of the Via Ariosto address even though google Earth indicates it found it. hopefully someone can, plus tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Ron
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Google Earth Problem Finding Address

Post by Tessa78 »

It is most likely that the street name was changed. It may now be Via Manzoni, and that is what Google earth recognizes.

You can email the comune and inquire about whether the street name was changed, and when.

You may also need to consider that the original dwelling may not be there.

If you zoom into this map of Racalmuto, you will see the location of Via Manzoni. Is this the same location that Google Earth "finds" Via Ariosto?
https://www.getpostalcodes.com/italy/st ... 029-92020/

T.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

The weird thing is that before you do a "street" view, it shows the address on the "map" view plus it shows Via Monzoni as a different street in the map view that is perpendicular to Via Arisoto:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Via+A ... d13.732262
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

rp76226 wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 22:55 I inputted this address into Google Earth Pro, hoping to get a photo of an ancestor's actual address:

Via Ariosto, 5, 92020 Racalmuto, AG, Italy

Google Earth "finds" the address, so I attempt a street view of it by dragging and dropping the "little man figure" onto the street by the point mark for it. Instead of that address, it comes up as 29 Via Manzoni. Can't seem to get a photo of the Via Ariosto address even though google Earth indicates it found it. hopefully someone can, plus tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Ron
If you just click on the "little man figure" you will notice that there is no "sreet view" for Via Ariosto
racalmuto.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

That's what I said. It brings me to another street instead - Via Manzoni.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

rp76226 wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 13:21 That's what I said. It brings me to another street instead - Via Manzoni.
It brings you to another street because Google did not take any picture of Via Ariosto. Googlemap's behavior is correct.