Help Needed -Tarditi and Ronchetti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
scottish-lass

Help Needed -Tarditi and Ronchetti

Post by scottish-lass »

Both my g/parents Alessio Tarditi and Erminia Ronchetti were born somewhere in Italy Alessio born in 1880 and Erminia 1884. They emigrated to London UK,- I don't know if they came together or met each other here in the UK, -and married in 1907. Their marraige document
states Alessio's occupation - mosaic worker,and his father as being incognito, and Erminia's father being Lorenzo Ronchetti occupation-farmer.
The document also only lists their address in London. Erminia died in 1918
and her death certificate states the occupation of Alessio as being a private-italian army. I've exausted all my efforts in trying to research both their town or province of birth in Italy because any records here in the UK that may have stated this information have been destroyed. So, can anybody help me with where in Italy both their surnames may have originated from. Alessio's occupation seems to be unique as most italian immigrants to the UK at that time were street musicians or plaster figure
makers.
teto
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Help Needed -Tarditi and Ronchetti

Post by nuccia »

Heres a list of passengers that came through ellis island...while your grandparents won't be listed it will give you an idea of where the surnames were most commonly used..

Tarditi

Ronchetti

By the way...love your grandmothers first name.. :D

nuccia (Erminia)
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Scottish lass, as you can see I'm Scottish too. I have the micro films on loan just now from 'Familysearch.org' for the town of Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Prov. Frosinone, covering the years of your grandparents birth, I will be going back to the FHC next week and I will check to see if their names are listed there, its a long shot, but worth a try. Where in London did they live?

Keep checking here I'll keep you updated.
God Bless
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Here's a link that gives surnames in comunes in Italy, maybe of some help.

http://www.italyworldclub.com/genealogy/surnames.htm

Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Have been to the FHC today and I checked the micro films for Sant'Elia for your grandfather and grandmothers names but their names were not listed in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. Sorry.

Emmy