Looking for GRESPAN Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SandraLacal

Post by SandraLacal »

Hi,
I would like to know where I could have some information about my surname.
As I know my family came to Brasil from Treviso region in the end of XIX century (if you need I can check the correct date). We have the great-grandfather & great-grandmother's passport signed by the first minister (I think...) of the king Humberto I period.
What we know is that one cousin of us (he is already dead) was in Italy many years ago and had found in a Treviso region's museum that there was a Grespan clan who went to Italy from the Netherlands some centuries ago. They has part of Italy's genealogic tree (as that cousin said...) as one of the clans in the Italian feudal system.
He also said us that there is a little city, close to Treviso, named CRESPANO DEL GRAPPA, which is registered (I don't know if it is the correct word to use here...) by the Italian Historical Patrimony, where all the people is still artisans like the feudal system period.
I would be very thankful if you could orient me about how and where to get more information about my origin.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Sandra
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The Italian surname ditcionary lists Crespani and its variation Crespan as being a veneto region surname derived from the town of Crespano del Grappa, (Postale 31017, Province of Treviso). I will do a cursory check on the possiblity of foregin origin of the name and possible existence of the "clan" and get back to you. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.google.com you will find numerous listings for Crespano del Grappa. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is a listing for a Geraldo Sabrosa Lima in Brazil who has submitted something in Portuguese for GRESPAN surname. Go to www.heraldica.vpg.com.b/g.htm. Peter
SandraLacal

Post by SandraLacal »

Hi Peter,
Thank you so much!
I will enter in the two sites you recommend me.
Could you please inform me if I can find that Italian surname dictionary in the internet? I would like to read the text about Crespani/Crespan origin.
If you also find something about the foregin origin of the surname and possible existence of the "clan", I would like to know if possible. Or you could inform me the sites where I can check it.
You are very nice Peter, I am very thankful!
Looking forward to hear some news from you as you can.
Best regards,
Sandra
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What I gave you about the Italian surname dictionary is it!! There is no more. The dictionary is purchased in Italy. I suppose it can be purchased by ordering from where you are. The websites I gave you should take some time for you to review. You can continue your research on the internet if you need more detailed information. Peter
SandraLacal

Post by SandraLacal »

Thank you, Peter.
I will research on the internet for more details.
Best regards,
Sandra
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

We are here !!!!!!Peter
namedavid

Re: Looking for GRESPAN Surname

Post by namedavid »

Hello.

We are a Grespan family from the above region of Italy, now residing in Ontario Canada.

David
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: Looking for GRESPAN Surname

Post by Michael31 »

Hello,
I have Elisabetta Grespan 1866 - 6 Mar 1935
She was married to Domenico Boscarato 18 APR 1864 - 30 APR 1947
children: Angelica,Marco,Eugenio,Albino,Regina,Angela,Pietro,Albino(2),
Erminio,Luigi,Giulia,Pietro(2),Carmela
13 children born between 1888 and 1906. Province of Treviso.
Boscarato in Treviso for Seven hundred years but records only exist to 1745.
Michael Boscarato