Trivelli/Trevelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KerryH

Trivelli/Trevelli

Post by KerryH »

I have just started researching my husbands family history. I am looking for his great grandfather Luigi Trivelli/Trevelli. We don't know when he was born, but guessing early 1890's. He came over to England and worked a as hotel waiter, (we think in Folkestone, Kent) and had at least one child with Rosy Hollands in Folkestone Kent in 1914. I can't find a marriage certificate for a marriage even though on their son's birth certificate Rosy goes by the name of Trivelli. We have an address in Italy which we believe is something to do with him. Louis Villa, Sosanno, Vencizra, Italy. We have found a place called Sossano, south of Vicenza. Could this be the same place. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help received.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Trivelli/Trevelli

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Kerry & welcome to the forum.

I don't have acess to WorldAncestry, but hopefully someone who does will check out these & other record listings for you. Remember these are just possibilties & may serve only as spelling variations.

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 Record
Birth, Marriage, & Death
Name: Louis Thomas Travill
Birth: Jun 1885 - Northampton (1837-1924), Northamptonshire

What is the name of their son & year of his birth?

jcsm

or

England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1983 Record
Birth, Marriage, & Death
Name: Rosina Trevillion
Birth: abt 1884
Death: Dec 1884 - Greenwich, Greater London, Kent, London, Surrey

Other Spelling variations; TREVEIL, TREVELLIAN??
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Marco »

A good guess is <b>Trivellin</b> which is very common in the Venetian area. Vencizra in your document is probably Venezia deciphered from handwriting (?!). Luigi Villa is such a common name that is no hint, but Sosanno is probably Sossano (there are three Trivellin listed in the phone directory today).
Marco
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
KerryH

Post by KerryH »

Thank you very much for your reply's. I shall look into them. His son was born on 10th June 1914 in Folkestone, Kent. His name is Enrico Luigi Hollands Trivelli.