Calautti and Fazzolari familis

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Herminia

Calautti and Fazzolari familis

Post by Herminia »

:lol: My name is Herminia. I would like to know if somebody have done any research on the Calautti family. They lived in the town of Mammolla Reggio de Calabria. I am also looking for the Fazzolari family.

Hrminia Calautti
argentinamama55@hotmail.com
Herminia Calautti
nancys

Re: Calautti and Fazzolari familis

Post by nancys »

:D my grandfather, domenic was from calabria
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

go to www.google.com and insert the surname and the word genealogy and the town name in the title and this will give you who has rfesearched the name(s) you are seeking. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can get all the records for Mammola from 1809 to 1865 which are onmicorfilm at the nearest Family History Library of the Mormo n church for all births,marriages and deaths so you can research everybody in one shot!! Peter
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Julo »

Herminia wrote::lol: My name is Herminia. I would like to know if somebody have done any research on the Calautti family. They lived in the town of Mammolla Reggio de Calabria. I am also looking for the Fazzolari family.

Hrminia Calautti
Calautti is not a common last name in Italy outside of the area in the province of Reggio Calabria and particularly in the ionian east coast towns of Mammola, Canolo, Siderno, Agnana, Gioiosa. So the name itself is pretty much autochthonous and implies a greek root (Kala = good in greek) In the area where these towns are situated still you can find a few greek temple ruins (Caulonia, Locri) dating back to the eigth century B.C. erected by the greeks sailing westward.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Julo wrote:
Herminia wrote::lol: My name is Herminia. I would like to know if somebody have done any research on the Calautti family. They lived in the town of Mammolla Reggio de Calabria. I am also looking for the Fazzolari family.

Hrminia Calautti
Calautti is not a common last name in Italy outside of the area in the province of Reggio Calabria and particularly in the ionian east coast towns of Mammola, Canolo, Siderno, Agnana, Gioiosa. So the name itself is pretty much autochthonous and implies a greek root (Kala = good in greek) In the area where these towns are situated still you can find a few greek temple ruins (Caulonia, Locri) dating back to the eigth century B.C. erected by the greeks sailing westward.
Julo,

If you don't find me asking, do you live in Italy or the USA?

Nuccia
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Julo »

nuccia wrote:
Julo wrote:

Hrminia Calautti
Julo,

If you don't find me asking, do you live in Italy or the USA?

Nuccia
Mostly in the USA :D but I was born and raised in Calabria. You ?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Julo,

I'm in Toronto but my family is from Locri..I believe my grandmother was born in Mammola. I lived in Yonkers New York for a while many years ago.

Have you done much research on your family? I'd love to hear from you. Email me at nuccia.salvati@gmail.com.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
arbruz

Post by arbruz »

hello i am french
my parents are from mammola too
my father bruzzese
my mother fazzollari annunziata la chiusa mammola
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi arbruz..and Herminia,

I have just ordered the films for Mammola..not all of them yet but a few specific years to try and locate my grandmother...

If you like, email me your info and I will try to find something out for you.

I jsut wanted you both to know that I have both the Fazzollari, and Bruzzese surnames in my tree but not sure how they all fit together yet. I do know a few Fazzollari families here in Canada though.

My main search would be the Fudas and the Angillettas.

Look forward to hearing from you both.

nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
joao_lee

Post by joao_lee »

Helloe everyone,

It`s benn a long time since the last post, but it's never too late.
Im João and im live in Brazil, my mothers familys name is Fazzolari as well.
I believe that there is only one Fazzolari family in Brazil, the first one to migrate from Mammola to São Paulo (Brazil) was Giuseppe Domenico Fazzolari (aka Domingos Fazzolari), son of Antonio and Giussepa Cataldo.
Im trying to traceback my family line so, if anyone has researched the Fazzolari family and has founded Giuseppe, Antonio or Giussepa Cataldo records, please let me know.

Regards :D