No response, were records destroyed

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Saladin
Rookie
Rookie

No response, were records destroyed

Post by Saladin »

:o
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: No response from Casteldaccia, were records destroyed

Post by VaDeb »

Records for this town are available from LDS for 1821-1903. You didn't state what year you need.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Debbie
kannavazzo

Post by kannavazzo »

Try to ask the citizens here: www.casteldaccia.net

Good BYE,

--
Giuseppe Amenta
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Saladin wrote:I sent to commune di Casteldaccia for records pertaining to anscestors but have received no reply after nearly four months. Does anyone know if the records in this town were destroyed by natural disaster, fire or WWII? If there is already a posting about this can you direct me to it?
Hello,
if you are able to speak italian I suggest you to call Cristina Cusumano, person in charge of Casteldaccia Vital Statistics +39 91 949350 or email her to area_seconda@comune.casteldaccia.pa.it (no spaces)
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
Saladin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Saladin »

8O
kannavazzo

Post by kannavazzo »

Hi, I'm Giuseppe Amenta and I'm from Casteldaccia, living there. What do you need? Who are you looking for? Maybe I could help you.

Bye.

Giuseppe Amenta
Saladin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Saladin »

:roll:
kannavazzo

Post by kannavazzo »

Hi again,

Guttilla is a tipical surname of Casteldaccia, and some of them (Guttilla Giuseppe, Guttiilla Salvatore) live near my house. I'll try to ask them for the persons you are looking for.

For the intituzional research you could try send an e-mail to Mrs. Cristina Cusimano area_seconda@comune.casteldaccia.pa.it and to the front office of the Comune di Casteldaccia urp@comune.casteldaccia.pa.it . I think that they don't speak english, so there's the text of your requeste traslated in italian:

--
Subject: Genealogia Giuseppe Guttilla

Salve,

mi chiamo (your complete name), scrivo da (your State and Province) e sto cercando informazioni genealogiche sul mio bis-nonno GIUSEPPE GUTTILLA e sulla sua famiglia. Dovrebbe essere nato a Casteldaccia il 5/09/1887 da Giuseppe Guttilla e Maria (non conosco il cognome di quest'ultima). Dovrebbe anche avere avuto un fratello, Francesco.

Queste sono tutte le informazioni in mio possesso, vi sarei grato se mi aiutaste nella mia ricerca per confermare le mie origini Casteldaccesi.

Grazie in anticipo per la risposta (anche negativa) che vorrete gentilmente inviarmi a questo stesso indirizzo e-mail.

Cordiali Saluti,

(your sign)

--

In this page there's a pictures of my neighbor GIUSEPPE GUTTILLA, try to find some resemblance :D

Excuse me for my bad english.

Good bye,

Giuseppe Amenta
Saladin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Saladin »

:o
elianagotilla

Re: Gutilla form Palermo - No response from Casteldaccia,

Post by elianagotilla »

Hi Saladin,

My name is Eliana (female) and I live in Brazil. I read your previous request and apparently we are related.

My great-grandfather was Francesco and I understand he was the brother of your great-grandfather Guiseppe. They were about 6 sibilings and theirs parent's name were:

Vitto Guttilla and Concetta Piscitello (maiden name)

Francesco was born in Oct, 15, 1859 and he arrived in Brazil married to Clorinda Fraeze and 2 children : Concetta and Vito. Clorinda was pregnant of my grandfather - Vicente.

In fact, Francesco was born in Ciminna provincia di Palermo and not in Casteldaccia. I have his birth certificate.

Clorinda was born in Agropoli provincia di Campania. Their kids were born in Agropoli but we are not sure where they got married.

I'm looking for his marriage certificate. Do you have any contact which can help me ?

The information I have is that Franceso was the only one who came to Brazil. His brothers went to the US.

My last name is Gotilla (instead of Guttilla) due to an error when registering my grandfather - Vicente.

But my relatives are all Guttilla in Brazil. There are plenty of Guttilla around here !

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Eliana Gotilla
Saladin
Rookie
Rookie

xxxxxxxxxx

Post by Saladin »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx