Ship records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ladybugx6

Ship records

Post by ladybugx6 »

I've been having a hard time locating my great grandfather's birthplace. I know he came from Napoli, Italy.
Name: Domenico Piantiere (it was spelled wrong it should have been Piantieri)
Nationality: Italian
Port: Napoles
Arrival: Argentina
Data: Oct 09 1883
Ship name: Vayndick Tenier

Some family members say he was born in Salerno, but I wrote them to get a copy of his birth certificate but they couldn't find any information. Then I wrote to napoles, but no reply yet. Is there a way to find Napoles records of the passengers? Maybe it will say the place of birth.
Where else can I find is birth place?
Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ship records

Post by Graffeo »

Did he live and die in Argentina? I would try to get records in Argentina that might show where he was born before I attempt to get records from Italy. After all he was in Argentina much longer.

Or if he was in the USA for a long time, I would try to get his application for Social Security Benefits. If he applied for SS then it should say on his application where he was born.

This link should be of help.

http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Piantieri is right spelling.. a Piantieri italian family, but coming from Rio de Janeiro came in USA also, maybe related with your Domenico....

-Concetta Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 44
Concettina Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 10
Giovanni A. Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 48
Maria Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 11
Nicolino Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 24

however also misspelled as Pantieri, in Argentina they are emigrated.
PANTIERI SAVERIO 1882

PANTIERI VINCENZO 1882
... in the 1883 are only Domenico Pantiere( Pantieri) and because sure travelled with mother and we can know the mother surname... however this surname is tipical of Salerno province, especially, pollica, Sessa cilento, Ogliastro Cilento, Acciaroli towns..
currently are this Piantieri people living in Salerno province

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ladybugx6

Post by ladybugx6 »

Graffeo wrote:Did he live and die in Argentina? I would try to get records in Argentina that might show where he was born before I attempt to get records from Italy. After all he was in Argentina much longer.

Or if he was in the USA for a long time, I would try to get his application for Social Security Benefits. If he applied for SS then it should say on his application where he was born.

This link should be of help.

http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm

Yes he did pass away in Argentina, but I couldn't find any information of where he was born. And he never traveled to USA only to Brazil where to got married to his wife Maria Jose dos Santos Silvas. Which I'm also trying to find their marriage certficiate.
Thank you for helping.
ladybugx6

Post by ladybugx6 »

suanj wrote:Piantieri is right spelling.. a Piantieri italian family, but coming from Rio de Janeiro came in USA also, maybe related with your Domenico....

-Concetta Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 44
Concettina Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 10
Giovanni A. Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 48
Maria Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 11
Nicolino Piantieri Rio de Janerio 1905 24

however also misspelled as Pantieri, in Argentina they are emigrated.
PANTIERI SAVERIO 1882

PANTIERI VINCENZO 1882
... in the 1883 are only Domenico Pantiere( Pantieri) and because sure travelled with mother and we can know the mother surname... however this surname is tipical of Salerno province, especially, pollica, Sessa cilento, Ogliastro Cilento, Acciaroli towns..
currently are this Piantieri people living in Salerno province

regards, suanj
Domenico mother's surname was Orlando, Anna (Gina); I know they travel together and his father Michele left Italy before them. But I don't know if he went to Argentina or Brazil first, no record of him was ever found.

Thank you for the information.

Do you think I should right to Salerno again and re-word my letter with more information of this Ship Records? Or would it be a waist of time since I'm only guess at this point?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Yes, I understand, but in Brazil (Santos port-Sao Paulo) no records for Michele Piantieri, only a Gennaro Piantieri emigrated in 1888.... however only if you can to descover the birthyear of Michele Piantieri, you can ask in Archivio di stato di Salerno town the militar servicxe card, where you can find all right infos( birthdate, birthtown, parent's names)... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ladybugx6

Post by ladybugx6 »

Thanks for the idea. Maybe I can find his death certificate in Argentina and that should say date of birth and more ... maybe.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

good luck! suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH