Passini Ricci Borelli Sarefini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Passini Ricci Borelli Sarefini

Post by mwilken »

My husbands mother and 3 remaining siblings are living in the US and have dual citizenship as thier parents didnt live long enough when they arrived here, to become American citizens.
I have been told that the ancestors left Italy to come here to work the coal mines in Il. I do know that much, as I have done a little research in the Granville area of Il.. When my husbands grandfather came to America he left his mother and her second husband, as her first husband had died in his 40's, and left the farm behind. The Borellis, Sarefini and Passini, Ricci are all relatives that lived in the Pavullo, Montese area.
I would like to connect with the family that remain in Italy on the farm. It is located close to or outside of Pavullo Italy, north of Montese. When my husbands grandfather came to this country, his mother new last name was sarefini. Her second husbands last name. I think he moved to the farm with her. Originally the farm was the Borelli farm.
Would like to correspond with these family members, but first need an address and then deal with writing them a letter. Would like to have a photo of the farm and if possiblea photo of the family presently living there.How do I get an address of a rural farm in the area. On Manifest records, it says that the Sarefini mother was from Sassoguidano. I think that is a rural road in the mtns. I feel I am so close but dont know how to find the correct address on the farm. Any ideas are appreciated.
I hope this is not too confusing.

Thanks
mwilken
Thanks
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Passini Ricci Borelli Sarefini

Post by wldspirit »

Have you done a search thru the white pages?
http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html
cognome=surname
dove=town
cerca=search

As for a letter, a standard form letter would not suffice. There are many members here who would translate a letter for you.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mwilken »

Thank you for the information reg. white pages . It was so easy and I did find an address that I can use to contact, hopefully, my husbands relatives.
I will compose a letter and at that point will need much assistance in the translation. How should I go about this message? I dont want to alarm anyone in Italy getting mail from some crazy American relative.
This is more than I would have ever dreamed to happen. Me....contacting relatives in Italy, using information from almost 100 years ago.
This is a great website and already you have been so helpful.

My goals are to find relatives living on the family farm, ask how we are related , info on the ggrandparents, that remained there when our ancestors left Italy for America Where are they buried in Italy. Would like photos of the present family and the farm, if possible. Do you think I should ask any other questions and am I approaching this properly?

Thank you
MWilken
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

When writing a letter, keep it simple and basic so you won't shock anyone too much. Introduce yourself and give them a little bit of info about yourself and perhaps even enclose a picture just to make it a little more personal. I am told that a lot of people in Italy are not as fascinated with genealogy as much as North Americans are but they are always interested in family.

What for a reply (or replies) before getting too detailed. And make sure you have as much of your American genealogy done as possible so if they ask you questions about the family you have some answers for them.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Giving you two sites with letters, may help in composing what you would like to say and get the ideas flowing.....as Nuccia said, keep it simple:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... talian.ASP

http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives

wldspirit

mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mwilken »

Thank you Nuccia. It may take me a bit of time to write this letter but I will keep you posted on my progress.
I do appreciate your assistance, and those white pages, they took me exactly where I needed to be. Grrrrreat!
MWilken
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

You're welcome. We're glad we could help. Great team here on ItalianGenealogy! And Yes, do keep us posted!

And thanks wldspirit! I lost my bookmarks and am so glad you posted those links. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

If you need any help replacing them, let me know, I've got mine pretty organized by subject matter!!

Happy to help out..I live in Illinois to!!!
Lee

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thanks Lee..I may just do that. Mine are now scattered everywhere. I'm thinking of actually copying and pasting the ones I have on notepad and printing them out so if it ever happens again, I'll at least have the links. 8)

Will try to talk to you this afternoon or tomorrow.. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mwilken »

I am pondering my letter to Italy. I have a photo of my husband and distant cousin, we think, that we took when we were in Montese approx. 7-8 yrs ago. I would like to enclose the photo with my letter .
How would I write the first line of my letter referring to the photo?My husband said the fellow in the photo with him is Julio.
Thanks
MWilken
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mwilken »

mwilken wrote:I am pondering my letter to Italy. I have a photo of my husband and distant cousin, we think, that we took when we were in Montese approx. 7-8 yrs ago. I would like to enclose the photo with my letter .
How would I write the first line of my letter referring to the photo?My husband said the fellow in the photo with him is Julio.
Thanks
MWilken
Me again...
I am enclosing the photo of this distant relative and husband in 2 separate letters to the Pavullo area. One letter to go to the Riccis and the other to the sarefini. Should I write one family and wait for a response before approaching the other family?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

When you write your letter, mention that you are enclosing for their reference a picture of your husband and Julio taken XXXX . Keep it simple. People love pictures.
Should I write one family and wait for a response before approaching the other family?
Thats a tough question. I'm not sure what I would do. You could send off both letters..theres no reason why you shouldn't make contact with both families. Just say that you are looking to meet some of your extended family and are hoping they are as eager to correspond with you as you are to them.

Hope this works out for you! Will you keep us posted??? :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mwilken »

I will keep you posted.
Thank you
MW
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mwilken »

Me again. I have to laugh at myself and my questions..I cant even communicate in english, much less Italian. Please dont give up on me yet.
I was needing a translation with the sentence reg the photo of the Julio and my husband Richard. How would I write the sentence in Italian? The letter itself should be easy enough for me to write with the assistance of the websites you gave me.
Thanks, you dont know how much I appreciate all of your help.
MW
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Post your question in the Italian language, handwriting , script & translations board. Someone there will translate it for you.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database