31 days of Italians

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

31 days of Italians

Post by wldspirit »

It's time that Italian - American contributions to this country were recognized.....let's make next October something we can all be proud of!!

If you value Italian heritage, please get involved. Over the next few months, visit the following pages to learn about the wonderful Italians who have contributed so much to America and the world and vote.

http://home.earthlink.net/~31italians/

wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: 31 days of Italians

Post by nuccia »

Thanks wldspirit. Is this the topic we discussed on the phone last month?

Am looking forward to getting involved with it. We all need to do what we can.

Have you been having fun with your "interesting search"? Can't wait to hear all about it...how exciting... :wink:
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Yes....and I would really like to see this project be a success.....Black history recieves major publicity, as does the Cinco De Mayo......they even teach our children spanish in school.......but Italian history comes and goes without any fanfare......and yet, the Italian Americans have contributed greatly to this country.....it is sad. Why aren't there any public service annoucements regarding our contributions as there is for Black history.......and why not teach our children basic Italian grammar during October as they do for the Mexican culture........walk by any bookstore during black history month, and the whole window display is filled with books on their history and achievments......but not for the Italians.....maybe if enough of us contact the right people and promote this......we to can have a month to be proud of........ :)

As for my "interesting search".....well, sometimes legends do come true.... :wink:
sending you a pm.......
Lisa
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

How can I get involved in this Lee? I think you are 100% right, Italians are overlooked and it isn't right. How could we get this rolling? :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Mike..... :)
Been taking some much needed down time, so excuse the late reply!!
Contact the administrator at the site above, they can give you any details you may need.
Here's hoping this October gets the ball rolling in the right direction!!!
wldspirit

P.S.
Loved the pic!!!

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."