Giattini surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jpforest

Giattini surname

Post by jpforest »

Looking for information on the Giattini surname in Italy. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

JP
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Giattini surname

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to ItalianGenealogy. The surname is present in 14 comuni, from south to north Italy.....if you can provide more information posters can better direct you.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
jpforest

Post by jpforest »

I am doing genalogy research on the Giattini family for my 5 year old Godson who is a Giattini. His great great grand-father Guiseppe Giattini born 1858 from Menfi immigrated to New York at age 41 in 1899 aboard the ship Spartan Prince sailing from Naples on 28 May 1899. His wife was probaly Antonia Librasi who would have immigrated to New York in 1901 with her 4 children. I would like to find out Guiseppe's parent of any information about them or their lineage.

Thanks,

JP
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

look up the Mormons microfilms of:
Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1860 Melfi (Potenza). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
and on the birthact of giuseppe Giattini you can know the parent's name and also you can find the parent's marriage...
Giuseppe Giattini came again in USA with the Isabella daughter and joining to Antonia Giattini Librasi in Brooklyn
Isabella is crossed up on another ship manifest of Nov 01, 1906, always, she declared that joining Antonia Librasi mother in Brooklyn.. as also the father...
Antonia Librasi came in the Feb 23, 1901, with Antonino, Benedetta, Giacomo and Liborio children joining Giuseppe Giattini husband in Brooklyn...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Lucie

Post by Lucie »

Hi, I am a giattini, but I live in France, of a grandfather having immigrant in France !
Perhaps are we same family?
Giattini

Post by Giattini »

Salve!