Allegati

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Allegati

Post by antonio43 »

When there's a wedding in Italy, there are allegati (who are the documents necessary for the marriage).
But where are they conserved, in the town of the wedding ?, in the Archivio di Stato?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Allegati

Post by suanj »

the Allegati(enclosures or attached documents) they was in another folder of banner's registry.. aka processetti matrimoniali, but no in all processetti matrimoniali it are the birthacts..
just today I receveid a copy of a processetto matrimoniale of 1862, well it are especially the death acts of ancestor's spouse, because in the past, for a wedding, it was necessary also the consent of parents, grandparents and great grandparents almost until 1870.. and when, obviously, the ggparents was no living the spouse given the death acts of ggparents, for to demonstrate that the CONSENT of ancestors don't was possible to obtain it for death's ancestors cause... however here a interesting article:

"The main source that will be used for this aim consists of the processetti matrimoniali, i.e. the "declarations of single status" of the spouses given by four or more witnesses, following the regulations of the Council of Trent. This source is still undervalued by social historians, in spite of its completeness in many diocesan archives, especially those in Naples and Rome.
The declarations of single status must include, along with personal information, date of birth, profession etc., a declaration concerning all the movements of the spouses to be before the wedding. The witnesses too must declare their identity, i.e. profession, family of origin, travels. Therefore we have a collection of information which allows a description of the geographical mobility of all the social agents, spouses and witnesses. This source also has another interesting feature: the natives and the residents who marry elsewhere must ask for a declaration of single status in their home town too, also with the help of witnesses. In this case, the papers of the processetti matrimoniali nearly always appear in two diocesan archives: the one in the place of origin and the one in the destination place. Therefore, it is possible to have a complete picture of the geographical mobility and of the biographical paths of those who live far from the community to which they belonged."

source: http://www.ricercaitaliana.it/prin/unit ... 05_001.htm
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

Thanks.
But where this allegati are now kept?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the allegati are in processetti matrimoniali, where you find in the microfils this words you can look up.. no all microfilmes have the processetti...suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

BUT where the original is kept in italia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In the Archives and in the Commons(town hall-civil records office)

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

What are the commons? Il municipio?

Thanks
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

yes the Municipio!

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

THANKS
barbieri

Post by barbieri »

Can anyone tell me how to reach the archives for sicily?????

robar@tampabay.rr.com