Becoming an Italian citizen?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Becoming an Italian citizen?

Post by sheronb »

Ive been reading the links/posts about Americans becoming Italian citizens, and find it quite fascinating!! My great grandfather born 1872 was Italian, his daughter was born 1908, her son, my father 1942, i gather your father/mother had to have been born after 1949? And if your Italian ancester took citizenship, then you cant apply?

What about England? Do people here claim it? Or is just the Americans?
I do think the Americans like to keep the memory of Italy, so to say, more alive than us Brits!!! My Ancester came to Birmingham, i have a book, that says, the children were discouraged from learning Italian!! This is true in my family, my grandmother never spoke Italian!! Thats not to say, there isnt anyone interested in their heritage, lots are.

What does anyone think?
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Becoming an Italian citizen?

Post by elba »

You will be able to get some answers to your questions from Expats in Italy. They have a site which deals with all the questions regarding citizenship, visa's, moving to - and from Italy by people from all over the world. That includes many, many British too like us.

If nothing else they are worth a look and if you ask a question you will often get a reply and advice in minutes.

>Expats in Italy<
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Becoming an Italian citizen?

Post by sheronb »

Thanks Elba, thats a very interesting site!
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.