Deplacido from Cassino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
alfredosmum

Deplacido from Cassino

Post by alfredosmum »

Hi I am trying to trace my family and have hit a brick wall. I would be very grateful for any help or advice anyone can offer.

My great grandfather GiovannBattiste Deplacido emmigrated from Cassino, Italy in about 1892 and settled in Edinburgh with his wife Antonia Verrechia. At some point his father, Michele & grandfather Salvatore came over to Edinburgh too but I do not know if they all arrived together or seperately. There was also at least one brother Angelo.

I would love to find out any information about the family they left behind, how they travelled and also marriage details for GiovannBattiste & Antonia.

I am aware of the problems locating records from Cassino because of the bombing in WW2 so I guess my only hope is other Deplacido/Verrechia descendants.

Looking forward to your replies!

Thanks in advance!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Deplacido from Cassino

Post by suanj »

yes in Cassino the bombing destroyed so much registries, but in any case in the Archive of Frosinone it are the second registries that was microfilmed by LDs, so available for you; it are the civil records from 1809 to 1900 http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
so you can find the civil records abt your ancestors .. the right surnames spelling in italian are: DI PLACIDO, and VERRECCHIA.. hoping helpful, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
alfredosmum

Post by alfredosmum »

Thanks Suanj,

Thats fantastic I'll get straight on to it!
mmaciocia

Post by mmaciocia »

Do you see / know of a possible sister, Appolonia, who would already have married an Angelo Ceci in Cassino in 1892. They also travelled to Edinburgh in a similar timeframe to those you mention.
They are my great grandparents.
regards
Michael
alfredosmum

Post by alfredosmum »

Hi Michael, sorry, only just saw your message.

I don't think I have any information on appolonia? Was she a deplacido or verrechia? I'd be very interested to know if she was related in any way.

Thanks

EJ
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

My grandfathers second cousin married a Nicola Di Placido(mans name) who was also from Cassino.
He was born in 1895ish and married Carmella Capaldi in Detroit and had a daughter called Cristina in Cassino!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

If your ancestors left Cassino before WW2 it is unlikely you will find their civil records in the reconstructed records microfilmed at the Frosinine Archives as suggested by suanj. Only those persons living in Cassino after WW2 reconstructed their records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
mmaciocia

Post by mmaciocia »

Know that this somewhat late. The di Placido's, de Placito's, de Placita's all came for Cassino and San Michelle area and stayed in the same location in Edinburgh - the Grassmarket. Most were musicians, then ice-cream vendors. I have traced that most are cousins, my grandmother a Cece or Ceci, was related through her mother and her husbands mother to them. They married into the Menghilla and Masserella, Valvona and Boni families.
regards
Michael
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

My Capaldi Family had stayed in Edinburgh around the same time, who's relations were:
Minchella (menghilla)
Massarella
Valvona
Di Placido, etc

PLease contact me at capo@live.co.uk

Jamie Capaldi
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I have a 4th GGrandmother called Appolonia Di Placido and Appolonia Verrecchia.