Passarelli and Caruolo and Pannone or Bannone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mydream

Passarelli and Caruolo and Pannone or Bannone

Post by mydream »

Can anyone help me with information of parent's etc of Giuseppe Passarelli and his wife Maria R (maybe Rosa). They had a daughter named Maria Guiseppe Passarelli. I have found everything I can on Ancestry.com and have some possiblities in family search but am not sure of Giuseppe or Maria's birth information. I think Giuseppe died on Nov 12 1912 in RI and Maria R on Aug 12 1930 in RI also. Their daughter married Vitangelo Caruolo in RI Jan 2 1926 and was both approx 1873. She came from Italy around 1884.
I am also trying to find infromation on the parents etc of Vitangelo (Maybe Antonio) Caruolo born approx 1862 died in RI on Jan 2 1926. Parents were Antonio Caruolo and Antonia. I am looking for birth, death etc. Everyone was born in Italy and I am think the Caruolo's were from Caserta.
Thanks for any assistance.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Passarelli and Caruolo

Post by Biff83 »

Mydream.

It appears that you've consulted the Rhode Island Death Index to determine the dates of death which give both Giuseppe and Vitangelo's parents' names, albeit without the mothers' surnames.

I'm assuming both were born in Italy and emigrated to the US. If you have the ship manifests, can you determine the last residence or place of birth and an approximate birth year based on age?
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Jan 2 1926.. married or/and died ..?
and abt marriage date also in previous topic it are:
Rhode Island Marriages, 1636-1930
about Vitangelo Caruolo
Spouse 1: Maria G. Passarelli
Spouse 2: Vitangelo Caruolo
Marriage Date: 17 Nov 1890

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mydream

Post by mydream »

Hey thanks for the questions. I got the parents names from RI Vital records however do not have the copy they emailed this info to me. Jan 2 1926 was when Vitangelo Caruolo died. I could not find ship manifest for any of these people. I received the date from census records which I know could be wrong. Yes, Vitangelo and Maria were married on Nov 17 1890. I have not clue when the parents of either Vitangelo or Maria were born or died. The next of kin for Giuesppe was listed as Benedetto Passarelli. I have found a Bendetto Passarelli in family search with a Giuesppe; however, no clue if this is the same person. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

I thought it would be best to begin by listing the Rhode Island information you've referenced.

Rhode Island Deaths, 1630-1930
Name: Giuseppe Passarelli
Kin 1: Benedetto Passarelli
Kin 2: Maria Passarelli
Death Date: 12 Nov 1912

Name: Maria R Passarelli
Relation: wid
Kin 1: Giuseppe Passarelli
Kin 2: Traddea Passarelli
Death Date: 12 Aug 1930

Name: Vitangelo Caruolo
Kin 1: Antonio Caruolo
Kin 2: Antonia Caruolo
Death Date: 02 Jan 1926

Are any or all of the following Giuseppe and Maria's sons?

Rhode Island Births, 1636-1930
Name: Antonio Passarelli
Parent 1: Giuseppe Passarelli
Parent 2: Maria Passarelli
Birth Date: 11 Mar 1891

Name: Michele Passarelli
Parent 1: Giuseppe Passarelli
Parent 2: Maria R Passarelli
Birth Date: 08 Mar 1893

Name: Carmino Pasarella
Parent 1: Giuseppe Pasarella
Parent 2: Maria Pasarella
Birth Date: 05 Jun 1889

In my previous post I mentioned that Giuseppe and Vitangelo's parents' names were given in the death records and need to correct that. All that is known are the names on the record are relatives.

It appears that the people in question emigrated in the 1880s or 1890s which means that there will be precious little information on the ship manifests. Likewise, I don't think we'll find much if anything in the Ancestry military records.

There are quite a few other Passarellis in the Rhode Island records, and any information you have relative to brothers, cousins, nieces, nephews, whatever would be of great help. There might be a ship manifest out there for a relative which will contain a place of birth, last residence, nearest relative, something that will jumpstart our search.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

deleted post too speculative
mydream

Post by mydream »

Thank you for all your information and for entering all of my information online. Yes, all I have to go on for Giuseppe, Maria R, and Vitangelo's parents iare their names. Everything else I am guessing at since I do not have actual birth dates etc to go on. However, I just discovered how to search RI phone directories this weekend and a Giuseppe Passarelli lived a couple of houses down from Vitangleo Caruolo. Once Giuseppe died they have his wife listed as Rosa and in one directory Angela Rosa. But the death date that I found in Ancestry matches the death of the Giuseppe listed in the directories. However, I have found that people use all several different names in records. Vitangelo also had a Benedetto Passarelli living at the same house number as him 860 Charles St which matches the next of kin for Giuseppe. I just cannot figure out if this Benedetto is related to Giuseppe and if so how. I'm thinking it would not be his father since the age does not make sense. However, he could maybe be his brother. From reading about Italian naming patterns that could match if the Benedetto listed as next of kin is Giuseppe's father. The Benedetto that was in the same house as Vitangelo later named one of his children Vitangelo which was a Caruolo name so I fill Benedetto and they named a daughter Maria R. which matches Vitangelo's wives mother's name, Maria R. I cannot figure out if any of the names you listed as children of Giuseppe are correct or not because a lot of the people I am now looking for are not listed anywhere in the census records, however, I know they were there based on the directories but that does not give me names of children. I did find the below informatin on the family search site but have no clue if this could be Giuseppe's father. The names all match the family names I have. I am rather new at this so have not ever used the family search films. Looks like I will have to figure out how to go about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIUSEPPE ANTONIO PASSARELLI
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 12 APR 1839

Christening: 12 APR 1839 Capriati A Volturno, Caserta, Italy

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: BENEDETTO PASSARELLI Family
Mother: MARIA GIUSEPPE ESPOSITA

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C840212 1823 - 1841 1173576 Film NONE

Sheet: 00

Thanks mydream
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

mydream,

LDS also has the microfilms for Capriati 1809-1929 but not all birth, marriage and death records are available.

HOWEVER, before you decide to order films for either town, you need to gather and organize as much information as possible that's available here in the US working from the present to the past.

You mentioned searching the Rhode Island directories and it appears that besides head of household names and addresses, they also give ages. Are these available online for free or by subscription and where? It also appears that one of the directories issued before Giuseppe's passing shows his street address. I'd like to take a look if you can send a link.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Possible 1910 census record

Providence, Providence City, Rhode Island
768 Charles St.
Head--Joseppe Passarelli, age 60, Italy, immigration yr. 1882
Maria R.--wife, age 58, Italy, immigration year 1886
Carmen--son, age 20, Rhode Island
Antonio--son, age 17, Rhode Island
# of children born to Maria and Joseppe--9
# of children living--8
Only two sons are in the household. Six other children unaccounted for. Unknown if born in Italy or US.
Married 40 years. Date of marriage about 1870, prior to emigration

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6201 ... llixj2.jpg

It appears that two of the Rhode Island birth records posted above are correct based on age.
mydream

Post by mydream »

Thanks for the info again. I found the RI directories on ancestry.com. However, when you type the persons name most of the time they do not come up. You actually need to go to the directory listing and they list all of the years available. You can click on a year and most have A through Z listing, click on the letter of the persons last name. I wish the names would come up when you do a search but they do not. Once you are in the last name area (for example Passarelli I just guess by the number of pages approx where Pas..... would be. Once you find you can see all the people under that name. Tonight I was trying to use that information to locate the people in the census records. However, I have spend hours search for Charles St in the 1900 and 1910 and it is very time consumming trying to just find the St in the census records. I don't think there is a St. name field to search on in the Census records???? I know these people are there based on the directory and I have found one so far. I have found a Rose Passarella in 1920 located at the address that actually had Rosa Passarelli listed in the directories with Vitangelo C a couple house down. This would have been Giuseppe's wife, they census record does have a Michele listed which I thought be have been one of their children.
mydream

Post by mydream »

Thanks for the 1910 infor. I saw that a few days ago but was not sure if they were the same people; however, since I just found the census info. that I just explaining in my last email. I see from your info above that this is one house down from the 1910 house number. That probably is the same people.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

mydream,

Looks like we posted at the same time. See the 1910 census record I posted above. Thanks for letting me know where the RI directories are located. I should have checked what was available on Ancestry.com before asking. Next we need to locate the 1900 census record to see who was living in the household besides Giuseppe and Maria. Might find more children.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

mydream wrote:Thanks for the 1910 infor. I saw that a few days ago but was not sure if they were the same people
Don't discard any possible record you find. It's a suspect until proven incorrect. Are there any other suspect records you found? If you're using Ancestry, did you save them to your shoebox for later evaluation? If so, can you give details?

Message for Quicks Draw--need help. Baba Luigi
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

possibly related 1900 census

1900 passarelli census
detail added
Home in 1900:
820 Charles St, rents
Providence Ward 3, Providence, Rhode Island

head Joseph Pasaroll 52 (Mar 1848) IT
- married 29 yrs abt 1871
- immig 1881 Al
- stone cutter
wife Rosie 48 (Jun 1851) IT
- 9 children born, 8 children living
- immig 1885
son Benjamin 23 (Sep 1876) IT
- immig 1885
son Rosa (Roca) 14 (Aug 1885) Providence
son Thomas 11 (Jul 1888) Providence
son Adonia (Antonie) 9 (Mar 1891) Providence
son Michael 8 (May 1892) Providence

note: big gap between marriage & Benjamin's birth
& between Benjamin's and Rocco's birth?
could indicate a separation, and/or another child (or two)
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Valarie, found that also. Can you post details?. Note that son Benjamin was born in Italy. Can we get lucky enough to find a draft registration card that will show his place of birth? Not sure where son Carmine is.

Edited to add
I'm going to take a walk around the neighborhood to see if I can find any other Passarelli and/or Caroulo families.