DI CIANNI from Catanzaro, Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
y_dicianni

DI CIANNI from Catanzaro, Calabria

Post by y_dicianni »

I'm just beginning the process of acquiring my italian citizenship through descent and seeing as I'm young (19 to be exact) and most of my italian ancestry has died off already leaving me without any sources of information, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. If you can help me, I'll be eternally grateful.

So this is the information I have from as far back as my great-grandfather (which is the natural born Italian):

Great-grandfather
Name: Domingos Di Cianni
Born: Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy around 1880-1895 (give or take a few years)
Married to: Etelvina Di Cianni (the first name isn't absolutely sure, but it's something of the sort), date is unknown.
He immigrated to Brasil (might've been to somewhere in São Paulo, but I'm not sure) but I'm not sure if he married in Brasil, or came already married. I don't know when he became naturalized or even if he renounced his Italian citizenship before my grandfather's birth.

Grandfather
Name: João Baptista Di Cianni
Born: Taubaté, São Paulo, Brasil in October 1912.
Married to: Laudelina Alves Di Cianni who was from São Paulo, São Paulo, Brasil. (date unknown)

Father
Name: Benedicto Alves Di Cianni
Born: São Paulo, São Paulo, Brasil on July 28, 1936.
Married: First time (in Brasil) July 4, 1962 and then later to my mother (here in the US, but they were not US citizens, my mother is Brasilian as well).

If anyone could please let me know where I should go to solicit further information, documents, etc, please let me know. Any websites, anything at all would be a big help. Thank you so much in advance.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: DI CIANNI from Catanzaro, Calabria

Post by wldspirit »

Member brujaojos has posted numerous links for research in Brazil.
For records in Italy you will need the exact town of origin.

Faq on Italian citizenship:

http://www.italiamerica.org/id71.htm

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."