PALUZZI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
amigina

PALUZZI

Post by amigina »

Hi, I'm seeking info on the Paluzzi family. They were born and resided in Supino, Italy, until they were shipped to NY and made their homes in western PA.

My grandfather name is Nazzereno Paluzzi and my grandmother is Bettina. I do not know what's her maiden name was and this is where I'm stuck, unable to go further on my family tree. How do I obtains a record of her maiden name in Italy via online? I'm in USA and not sure how to do it?
amigina

Re: PALUZZI

Post by amigina »

Opps! I spelled my grandfather's name wrong on the first post. It should be Nazzareno.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Amigina,

Welcome to the forum!

To learn your grandmother's name get birth records of her children born in the States. Also, her desth certificate should have this information & may also include her parents' names.

I found a 1930 census (living S. Greensburgs, Westmoreland, PA), SS death index listing, WWI & WWII draft card registration. If you need these records, let us know & we can provide links to the images.

The FHL has filmed the civil records 1875-1898 for the town of Supino. Here is a link to the available films.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

They were born and resided in Supino, Italy
This may be a bit off topic so to speak but recently I bought a book written by Maria Coletta McLean called "My Father Came From Italy". The story is about a woman who goes to great lengths to grant her fathers wish of returning to his ancestral village of Supino after a 64 year absence. Its based on a true story and is available online.

If you get the chance, you might like to read it.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
amigina

Post by amigina »

jsm400 - thanks for welcoming me here! I'm glad to found this site. I will check for my grandparents' children's birth certificate and see if I can be able to find the mother's maiden name. I think it's not free, even though the children were born in PA and from what I know of, the vital stat record dept is asking for $ in order to get a record from them. Is there any other way or should I go pay for it? I will check out the link you just provided (civil records) and see if I can come up with anything.

nuccia - that's sounds like an interesting book to read. Would I be able to find it in the bookstore here in USA?

Again, thanks for your help! :)
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Amigina,

Genealogy is a hobby (or maybe obscession) that requires "proof" of your family lines. The common way to do this is with birth, death and marriage certificates. Most states require payments. It will be difficult to do this without the actual records.

Here is a post by Trish on how to use the microfilm from LDS, in case you are not familar.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

Debbie
amigina

Post by amigina »

VaDeb - thanks for sharing the great article by Trish with me. I read it and it really help me to get started on my family tree.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

nuccia - that's sounds like an interesting book to read. Would I be able to find it in the bookstore here in USA?
You shouldn't have any trouble ordering it online or locating it from the bookstore. I ordered it online and got it the next day.

If you're going to order films, then be aware...but Family History Centre has a back log of films due to "distribution staff" problems. In some cases, Films from January are just arriving.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
amigina

Post by amigina »

Thanks, Nuccia.
paluzzifamily

Post by paluzzifamily »

Hi, Bettina and Nazzareno are my great-grandparents. I live in PA. If you want to find out more about the Paluzzi family, just respond to this and we'll go from there.
amigina

Post by amigina »

Hi! Amanda just informed me about you two are using this, too. You knew me (Gino's daughter). I didn't know you're working on our family tree, too. I would love to learn more about it. Amanda has my email and you're very welcome to get my email from her. I looks forward to hear from you soon. :)
Bigwall2

Post by Bigwall2 »

amigina wrote:Opps! I spelled my grandfather's name wrong on the first post. It should be Nazzareno.
My parents and grandparents where all born in Supino. Father's name is Enrico Paluzzi, his father was Cataldo Paluzzi and born 1898. I presently live in NJ but born in Montreal, Canada. Father came to Montreal in 1954. Any info on the Paluzzi name and how far back it goes?
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Bigwall2 wrote:
amigina wrote:Opps! I spelled my grandfather's name wrong on the first post. It should be Nazzareno.
My parents and grandparents where all born in Supino. Father's name is Enrico Paluzzi, his father was Cataldo Paluzzi and born 1898. I presently live in NJ but born in Montreal, Canada. Father came to Montreal in 1954. Any info on the Paluzzi name and how far back it goes?
Hi! My family is Paluzzi, also from Supino, also came to Montreal! (doubt its a coincidence, ive been to Supino. Its small and its not the primary Paluzzi town).

My great-grandmother Francesca Paluzzi was born in 1903 in Supino, she stayed there, BUT she had two siblings who came to Montreal: Flavio "Claudio" Paluzzi and Rosina "Clara" Paluzzi.
Flavio married Gesilda di Carlo, Rosina married Edward King.

AND Francesca's parents came to Canada, best I can tell sometime between WWI and WWII, I think in 1923. They were Augusto Paluzzi (n. 8/8/1879) and and Galatea Nalli.

HIS parents were Giacinto Paluzzi and Anna Celani, and Giacinto's parents were Matteo Paluzzi and Domenica Marchioni.

There were, according to my research, a few other lines of Paluzzi's in Supino around the late 1800s (likely all related somehow), but I have those documents on a USB in another place so it'll be a week before I can look at them and say more.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
JulieM

Post by JulieM »

I am seeking information on my PALUZZI. My grandmother was Iolanda Paluzzi and her mother was Rosa? Paluzzi and her father Ambrogio? Paluzzi. They were all from Supino. My grandmother came to Cananda in 1951 and her father and brother to New York sometime much earlier. Many of her sisters went to New York and a few to Canada. I would like to trace my grandparents names back as far as possible.

Any help is appreciated.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

It's possible to trace your family using microfilms and writing letters back to the mid 1800's. Before that you will need to access parish records that can take your family back to the 1600's. The parish records are held in the Diocese of Frosinone at the Ferentino Archives. Open on Wednesday's only by appointment.
I have done a couple of searches for the Paluzzi family who emigrated both to America and Canada.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.