Searching for Scarfone, Rago, Pici,Interdonato

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
angela68

Searching for Scarfone, Rago, Pici,Interdonato

Post by angela68 »

All of these surnames are my family.The Rago's and Pici's came from Bovino, Foggia. The Scarfone's and Interdonato"s came from Calabria. Anyone who can help
me find family in Italy or elsewhere in the USA, please let me know.
Thank you so much
Angela Scarfone :D
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Scarfone, Rago, Pici,Interdonato

Post by mfjp »

Hi Angela,

What type of information are you looking for? Me personally?... loves to look for ship records, and then there are other members from this forum who are really good at finding census records, some are fantastic at finding historical info about the specific town etc...

If it is ancestral information you are looking for, you would have to provide more information about the specific person.... birthdate, spouse, where they settled in the USA, siblings, children...

If you are looking to share info with living possible family members you should mention so...
Anyone who can help
me find family in Italy or elsewhere in the USA, please let me know.
There's lots of great help at this forum... just need some direction.

mfjp
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Angela,
there is one Rago for Bovino:
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... &x=96&y=11

five Pici:
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... &x=79&y=11

there is 13 Interdonato for Calabria:
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... &x=77&y=12

and 200 Scarfone!!!!!!!

If you are interested in writing a potential relative letter:
http://www.mangeruca.com/potential_relative.htm

If you can provide more details as mfjp suggested alot more info could possibly be obtained for you...... :)

wldspirit
Lee
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Also, you can research the following on microfilm at your local LDS library,
Births, deaths, marriages, marriage banns, miscellaneous documents, marriage documents, citizenship records........for Bovino/Foggia......1809 thru 1924. Film rental is less than $4.00 and you can trace all your family history to 1809.......

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile &columns=*,0,0

to find library nearest you.........

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

wldspirit
angela68

Post by angela68 »

Thank you for the replies. I will list as much as I know, but there isnt too much :? My grandfather (deceased) is Carmine Charles Scarfone, his mother was Frances Interdonato (from Calabria), his father was Letterio Scarfone, also from Calabria. I am sure they immigrated to the USA (NY) from Italy, but am not sure when.
My grandmother, (also deceased), is Victoria Angela Scarfone, her mother was Margherita Pici, from Bovino, Foggia. Her father was Angelo Rago, also from Bovino, Foggia. They also immigrated to the USA to NY/NJ area, not sure when, but it was when my grandmother was a young child and she was born in 1914.
That's about all I have for now, that's why I am so interested in finding my family history.
If anyone has anymore ideas, I would surely appreciate it.
And Happy Easter to all of you.
Angela
sarpacker

Post by sarpacker »

Hi Angela,

I don't know if my earlier message reached you since I'm new to this. My Dad came here from Foggia when he was two years old (about 1923) with his older brother. The family settled in New Jersey and went into construction there. Only one of his four brothers is still living, along with his sister. There are a number of Pici's in Florida now. If you would like details contact me directly.

Mike Pici
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Start to request your grandmother birth record from civil record office

Comune
Ufficio di Stato civile
Piazza Municipio
71023 Bovino (FG)
Italy

or to

Archivio di Stato di Foggia

or rent Bovino civil record microfilmto FHL (mormon church)

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
pennsypici

Re: Searching for Pici

Post by pennsypici »

My grandfather, Salvatore Pici, immigrated from Bovino, Italy. He became a US citizen in 1914 at age 32. He settled in Wilmerding, PA, where a number of other immigrants from Bovino went to work in the Westinghouse Airbrake Company plant there. From what little I know, he made at least two trips back to Italy between 1920 and 1940.
His sister (I don't know if he had other siblings) married into the Lucarelli family, also from Bovino and they lived in Wilmerding too.

My father's name is Frank. He had a sister (Josephine) and 3 brothers (Sam, Anthony and Joseph). All of them lived in the Pittsburgh area. My father, who is now 80 and lives in Florida, is the last surviving child of Salvatore Pici.

We knew other Picis in our part of Pittsburgh from Bovino, but we suspect there was some sort of falling-out between the families, as we did not have contact with them (from the 1960s on at least).

My wife and I are planning to visit Italy and Bovino in mid-May, so we would appreciate if anyone has any more information about Pici's there, or any other ideas re how we could find links to them.

thanks,
Frank Pici
GScarfone

Post by GScarfone »

Hey Angela,

May be a link. My great grandfather is Letterio Scarfone and came to US in 1906, his parents were Camine Scarfone (1855-1933) and Teresa Ruglese (1865-1938). Carmine's parents were Angelo Internato and Mary (?). That is all the info I have at the moment since I only have a limited family chart in front of me at the moment.

-Guiseppe Scarfone
picifromgermany

Post by picifromgermany »

hey angela!

my dad is come from bovino! now he is 48 years old! his dad is living now in bovino and his name is giovanni pici and lives in the street via san francesco 27 in bovino.

when u have questions then mail back!

greetz!!!
pennsypici

Post by pennsypici »

Hello picifromgermany

My name is Frank Pici. I live in the US (Pennsylvania) and will be visiting Bovino for the first time on 18 May 2007. Do you think Giovanni Pici would like to meet and see if we have family in common?

If so, please respond with his telephone number.

thank you!
picifromgermany

hi frank!

hmmm i don´t know.....he can´t speak english! hmmm my english sooo bad i want to tell something but i can´t tell it.... :cry:
pennsypici

Post by pennsypici »

That is OK, thanks for responding.
In case I get to meet him, what is your first name?
Frank
picifromgermany

pennsypici wrote:That is OK, thanks for responding.
In case I get to meet him, what is your first name?
Frank
hi sry for the late answer

i´ve send u an private message
gopackers7

Post by gopackers7 »

Angela,
i was serching the internet looking for my family names when i found this website. my grandfather was Angelo Interdonato (deceased 2005) his father was Domenico (Dominick) Interdonato. he had 3 brothers, Francesco (Frank), Giuseppe (joe), and charles. and 3 sisters Concetta, ?, and FRANCES INTERDONATO, YOUR GREAT-GRANDMOTHER. she was married to LETTERIO SCARFONE, YOUR GREAT-GRANDFATHER. They had about 10 kids, theresa,mary,tony,frances,concetta,margret,helen,joe,roy,leo and YOUR GRANDFATHER, CARMINE SCARFONE who was married to VICTORIA, YOUR GRANDMOTHER. i told my Grandmother, Vera Interdonato, about this website and she told me we are deffinatly related and explained to me who was who on that side of my family. she even told me that your grandparents, CARMINE and VICTORIA had about 4 kids, Leo, Margrett,Carmen and Frances. i guess one of them would be your mother or father. (my grandmother said she might have gotten a couple names wrong) they all grew up in Newark NJ. Get in touch! YOUR COUSIN, FRANK