looking for vettese relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jannetta

looking for vettese relatives

Post by jannetta »

any help to locate any family in Italy. Grandmother was from cassino area I think. Maiden name was Miele. Not sure of the spelling. Please e mail with any info. Will be traveling in the area and would like to meet any relatives there.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: looking for vettese relatives

Post by nuccia »

Have you tried the Italian White Pages for possible relatives?

Paginebianche

Just insert the surname and place and you can see how many people with your surname still live in the area.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jannetta

Post by jannetta »

thanks so much! I love this site....
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Good! I'm glad you found it useful. When I looked up my family surnames I was on it for hours..and then I printed them all out just for fun...

You may also want to try the Ellis Island site and see if you can locate when she arrived. Perhaps you can trace siblings, cousins, etc. Its amazing what you can learn from just looking at a manifest..but you do have to take misspellings into consideration. I usually just plug in the first few letters and look over all the variations and read them

Here's the link..its free, but you must register a user name and password..and its very user friendly.

www.stevemorse.org

Another site not to be ignored is..

www.familysearch.org

You never know who has already done some research on your family and submitted info.

Good luck and keep us posted!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database