Surname - Salzone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
salzone

Surname - Salzone

Post by salzone »

My name is Mario Salzone i was born in Mozambique in 1954 and my father was Tomas Salzone and my uncle was Franscisco Salzone, and I believe that my grandfather come come from Italy - Vila San Giovanni - Regio di Callabria. Their names were Giovanni and Ana Cupri Salzone.

I would like to make contact with any Salzone's whose grandparents were born in Villa San Giovanni, Reggio Calabria, Calabria, Italy.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname - Salzone

Post by suanj »

here the Salzone living in Villa San Giovanni:
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0

best regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

There are about 50 Salzone's that came through Ellis Island (New York) between 1892 and 1924 and 7 of those listed came from Villa San Giovanni. Possible relatives?
guchinho

Post by guchinho »

Hi Mario

Your father Tomaso and uncle Francesco (we used to call him Franciscusso) were both adopted by my great grand mother Cristina de Grandi in Beira.

Cristina had two sons of her own - Francesco (AKA Kikino and my maternal grand father) and Eitel.

Your uncle Francesco and my grand father Francesco married two Greek sisters Libby and Maria respectively. Maria was my maternal grand mother and Libby my grand aunt. The marriage of your uncle to my grand aunt did not last long, maybe even less than one month. Your uncle Francesco then remarried Ivy and became a very successful professional hunter and safari operator in the Marromeu area in Mozambique. I remember him very well, I went to his safari camps many times.

Unfortunately I do not remember your father Tomaso. He may have even passed away just before or just after I was born. My mother knew him well, apparently he was a great piano player.

Your father, my grand father and my grand uncle all went to St. George's College in Rhodesia. Both my sons attended the same college from age 6 to age 17 and I have a number of pictures of your father, who was a good rugby and cricket player at the school.

Coincidentally a certain Monica Salzone recently contacted my cousin Desiree de Grandi who lives in South Africa, is she perhaps related to you?

Hope the above is helpful and informative, and feel free to contact me if you so wish.

Best regards.

Ricardo

ps - I was also born in Beira In 1957, went to Rhodesia in 1973 to finish school and subsequently university. I met and married my wife there and both our children were born in Salisbury, now Harare. I still have a home here, but I have been working in Mozambique since the mid 80's and I have been living permanently in Maputo since 2004