General Question: Genealogists in Toronto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cimmerian

General Question: Genealogists in Toronto

Post by cimmerian »

I'm wondering if anyone here is from Toronto and has had experience with professional genealogy services.

I'm looking for a genealogist who specializes in Italian family history.
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Re: General Question: Genealogists in Toronto

Post by Clicker »

Hello Cimmerian

I personally haven't used any researchers in Toronto. I am currently engaging the services of someone in italy. BUT i do know where you can go for resources in Toronto. First, have you been to the archives on Grenville street near College? A good place to start, a little scary at first, but you get the hang of looking around the archive materials soon enough and there are plenty of people there to help. I would recommend that you stick with researchers who are certified with the Association of Professional Genealogists or who are certified by the Board for Certification of genealogists the sites are www.bcgcertification.org/index.html or www.apgen.org. The archives are located at www.archives.gov.on.ca
One thing though, most for Onatrio/Toronto will search for records fro you and some do specialize in Italian ancestry....but if it is Italian searching you need, you may need to hire someone in the region you need to search in Italy....again you can look at the Association for International searchers.....Let me know if you need anything else, happy to help.