Help Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rufinigi

Help Help

Post by rufinigi »

Hi
I am inviting to answer this message whoever knows of any woman who was in Rome in 1932 and in the same year gave birth to a baby girl and subsequently gave her in adoption.
Thank you
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Help Help

Post by misbris »

Is this a continuation of this thread?

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =7522.html
rufinigi

Post by rufinigi »

yes it is a continuation of that thread.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Just wanted to post that so others who may want to help can see the information. There are a few posters who are also trying to find birth parents of their relatives. I know that Italian laws are difficult in the respect, but I wish you all good luck in finding out more of your family's heritage.

Mary Jo
rufinigi

Post by rufinigi »

Thank yuo Jo, the Italian law is ridiculous. In my view, we should all have the right to know where we come from but the stupid Italian law dictate the you cannot. however there is a law that states that after 70 years you can access the documents related to the birth and adoption papers but still don't let you know the name of your natural parents. BUT if you lucky enought to leave 100 years, you may be granted access to your natural parents names. Obviously you must hope that the paper doesn't get chewed by the rats. Before that you just get patted on the shoulder and said that nothing can be done about it. 'Democracy for you!'
rufinigi

Post by rufinigi »

Thank yuo Jo, the Italian law is ridiculous. In my view, we should all have the right to know where we come from but the stupid Italian law dictate the you cannot. however there is a law that states that after 70 years you can access the documents related to the birth and adoption papers but still don't let you know the name of your natural parents. BUT if you lucky enought to leave 100 years, you may be granted access to your natural parents names. Obviously you must hope that the paper doesn't get chewed by the rats. Before that you just get patted on the shoulder and said that nothing can be done about it. 'Democracy for you!'