Paolucci search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Paolucci search

Post by Clicker »

Hi All

I was wondering if someone can help me and give me a nudge in the right direction? I am looking for the office address/email that I could write to to find out more information about the other side of my family tree...the Paolucci's. They came from Colbordolo in Pesaro-Urbino in the Marche region. I am trying to expand/broaden my knowledge of this side of the family and to that end I am hoping to request a Stata di Famille? (hope I wrote that right) so I can find out the breath of the family. (I have been reluctant to take this search on until now knowing how common the Paolucci name is)

My Great Grandfather was Gennaro Paolucci (b. Jan 17, 1888, d. Mar 17, 1945) and my Great Grandmother was Cesira Loppi (b. Mar 3, 1888, d. Jan 5, 1964) They were both from Colbordolo. Gennaro's parent were Agostino Paolucci and Irmenia Bardiggia (that's all I know of them) and Cesira's dad was Nazurino Loppi (I don't know the mother's name) Cesira and her three kids Agostino, Guarina and Olivia immigrated to Canada on July 19, 1927....by themselves. I believe that Gennaro came earlier and travelled back and forth to Italy a bit (I think he was issued a Visa at one time in 1920). They had a child Josephina who was born in Canada. Guarina (Irene) married my grandfather Adolpho Talamelli in 1936.
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Paolucci search

Post by misbris »

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here is information about the comune of Colbordolo. I hope it is helpful.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/041/012/index.html
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Clicker »

Hi misbris

Thank you very much, I had forgotten about that link...Just a question? Given that there is only 5000 population in this town my suspicion is that I would probably write to the city hall office in the link you provided.....my question is what department would you write to? The don't seem to have an 'archives' but there is a registry department as well as a department called marital status....any suggestions where I can send a letter to? Knowing how long it takes to get replies, I am trying to hedge my bets here and ensure I don't get a reply 6 months down the road that says I wrote to the wrong department : )
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

There is a website for Colbordolo. Here is the page for the address. There is an email address also. It is a google translation in English. You want the office of the Registrar (Anagrafe) I hope it works.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... pu%2eit%2f

Mary Jo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Clicker wrote:Hi All

I was wondering if someone can help me and give me a nudge in the right direction? I am looking for the office address/email that I could write to to find out more information about the other side of my family tree...the Paolucci's. They came from Colbordolo in Pesaro-Urbino in the Marche region. I am trying to expand/broaden my knowledge of this side of the family and to that end I am hoping to request a Stata di Famille? (hope I wrote that right) so I can find out the breath of the family. (I have been reluctant to take this search on until now knowing how common the Paolucci name is)

My Great Grandfather was Gennaro Paolucci (b. Jan 17, 1888, d. Mar 17, 1945) and my Great Grandmother was Cesira Loppi (b. Mar 3, 1888, d. Jan 5, 1964) They were both from Colbordolo. Gennaro's parent were Agostino Paolucci and Irmenia Bardiggia (that's all I know of them) and Cesira's dad was Nazurino Loppi (I don't know the mother's name) Cesira and her three kids Agostino, Guarina and Olivia immigrated to Canada on July 19, 1927....by themselves. I believe that Gennaro came earlier and travelled back and forth to Italy a bit (I think he was issued a Visa at one time in 1920). They had a child Josephina who was born in Canada. Guarina (Irene) married my grandfather Adolpho Talamelli in 1936.
The Certificato Storico di Famiglia have much cost; perhaps by LDS microfilms you can make the genealogic tree by yourself;

Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910 Colbordolo (Pesaro e Urbino). Ufficio dello stato civile
hoping helpful, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Clicker »

Dear Suanj

As per ususal, your advice is invaluable, I had no idea the Stati di Famille records were so expensive to order. So, on your advice, I went to the LDS center here in Toronto and ordered the films listed in your link....Can I please ask you another question? I was looking for the same records except for Fano in Pesaro-Urbino as well....I looked up the records but it seems that they do not exist for the city of Fano (I only can see a history book listed for the city in their catalogue) Can you please double check what I looked up? I know this is a nutty request, but sometimes I miss the obvious and I want to make sure I haven't overlooked the obvious. (There may not be any records available for Fano...as I understand it the city was heavily bombed during WWII, and as I understood it that a lot of records may have been lost)

Much appreciated
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the civil records of Fano are in civil records office of Fano Town Hall and also in Pesaro and Urbino Archive of State-Fano district :
F a n o , regg. e bb. 3.000 ca. (1808-1910). Non ordinato.

http://www.cultura.provincia.pu.it/index.php?id=455
http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/UCB ... ?nome=FANO
as you can read iit are no a index and not in order so it is no helpful to write in the archive; but you can write in Fano and ask the record that you need, if you know the date you can request directly the certificate ....
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Clicker »

Hi There

Just want to say a BIG thank you to everyone, misbris and Suanj....I hearde back from Colbordolo today via email and although they did not have a stato di famiglia (they explain that a lot of records were burned/bombed during the war) they did go out of their way to give me as much information as they had left. I have so much info now. You guys were a big help and I appreciate it so much.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I am so glad you got such a quick and thorough reply. Did they send it all by email? Have fun going through those records and let us know what you find out.
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Clicker »

Hi misbris

They did send it all by email. It's all in jpg's so I assume they scanned everything for me and just attached it....they couldn't have been kinder in their email asking that if I needed any other information to call them. I am going to spend some time looking through these and also looking through the LDS records I ordered and I will report back.....It's been a while for me getting a substantial chuck of info to chew on (so to speak) as opposed to the tiny dribbles you get from after a long search....so this is going to be FUN.