Gallo's from Monteforte Irpino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pggallo

Gallo's from Monteforte Irpino

Post by pggallo »

I am searching for Gallo's from Monteforte Irpino. My grandfather Pasquale Gallo was born there. His brother Padre Antonio Vincenzo Gallo was made a venerable saint in 1990. Here's the information I have:

Father: Antonio Gallo b. 27 Feb 1864 d. 6 Apr 1909
Mother: Angela Piciocchi b. 19 Sep 1866 d. 7 Nov 1928

Children:

Lucia Gallo b. 13 Dec 1888 d. Feb 1983
Pasquale Gallo b. 3 Aug. 1890 d. 19 Nov 1974
David Gallo b. 18 Jan 1897 d. Jun 1972
Antonio Vincenzo Gallo b. 11 Jan 1899 d. 2 May 1934
Mario Gallo
Ernesto Gallo
Unknown Gallo
Unknown Gallo

All were born in Monteforte Irpino
Lucia, Pasquale, David, Mario and Ernesto all emigrated to the USA and lived in New York until there deaths. Two other children, names unknown, emigrated to Argentina.

Antonio Vincenzo is a venerable saint. Here are two links I have with more information about his life.

http://www.dehon.it/scj_dehon/cuore/deh ... 12-typ.htm

http://www.comune.monteforteirpino.av.i ... pgallo.php

Padre Antonio Gallo's story being on the history page of Monteforte Irpino's main web site seems significant and seems like a good starting point but I don't know how to contact anyone there.

I am also currently planning a trip to Monteforte Irpino with my sister in 2008. Any assistance or advice on how to find and get in touch with relatives in the region would be greatly appreciated.

P. Giovanni Gallo
EricJKraus

Re: Gallo's from Monteforte Irpino

Post by EricJKraus »

P. Giovanni,

Hi my name is Eric Kraus. My mother, along with much of my family were born in Monteforte Irpino and they came to PA/DE in 1958. The family names that I know of are Ferrara, Fusco, DeSomma, & DeFazio but I know there is a Gallo connection.

I remember my mother saying we have family that are Gallo's. We also have family from Italy that settled in Brooklyn and family members that relocated to Argentina at some point.

I'll check with mom and see what she knows of the Gallo connection. Hopefully I can find something that will be helpful to you for your trip, etc.

Best,

Eric
arcedge@comcast.net
magallo

Post by magallo »

I am the grandson of David Gallo and great nephew of Father Anthony Vincent Gallo. I live on Long Island , New York where my family moved from Brooklyn.
Please see our website promoting the cause of my uncle:
ww.fatheranthonyvincentgallo.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Michael Gallo
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

magallo wrote:I am the grandson of David Gallo and great nephew of Father Anthony Vincent Gallo. I live on Long Island , New York where my family moved from Brooklyn.
Please see our website promoting the cause of my uncle:
ww.fatheranthonyvincentgallo.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Michael Gallo
Michael, you forgot a W in the link above

www.fatheranthonyvincentgallo.com
barbyell

Post by barbyell »

I'm sorry to answer so late. My maternal grandmother was (Maria) Antonetta Gallo from Monteforte Irpino. She was a first cousin of Anthony Vincent Gallo. I was born in Brooklyn & live on Long Island. I also know that we are related to the Stromollo family.
msiesta

Post by msiesta »

P. Giovanni

Sorry I do not have any information on Gallo's from Monteforte Irpino but we could be related. My great grand father was Angelantonio Piciocchi born in Monteforte Irpino in 1848 and married in 1883 to Annunciata (not sure of last name). He died in NYC USA in 1904. Angelantonio father was Carmine Piciocchi born in Monteforte Irpino.

Do you have any additional information on your great grandmother Angela Piciocchi b. 19 Sep 1866 d. 7 Nov 1928?

Thanks for any help you can provide
pggallo

Post by pggallo »

I have gathered additional information about the Gallo's of Monteforte Irpino, Italy
The 2 brothers that emigrated to Argentina were Concencio and Francesco.
I have been in contact with the granddaughter of Francesco, Karina Gallo who is an artist and now lives in Mexico City, Mexico.

I have also made contact with Marco Ruggiero who still resides in Monteforte Irpino. His great grandfather, Giuseppe, was brother to Antonio Gallo, my great grandfather. They had another brother Onofrio but I have no additional information about him.
So, Marco and his relatives/descendants of Giuseppe are the only Gallo's living in Monteforte Irpino.

I have confirmed that there are no living descendants of my great grandfather Antonio Gallo in Italy.
Antonio and Angela had 9 children.
Lucia, Pasquale, Ernesto and David emigrated to USA
Francesco and Concencio emigrated to Argentina
Mario and Vincenzo were both Vatican priests and so had no children.
The 9th child, whose name I have not been able to determine, died at infancy or early childhood according to my mother.
So, there are no living descendants of Antonio and Angela in Italy. Our Gallo relatives there are descendants of Antonio's brothers.

Michael Gallo,
I've got your phone number from your personal message and will call you soon. Are you also the creator of fathergallo.com ? I look forward to talking with you soon.

Eric Kraus,
I will email you soon. I look forward to seeing if there's a connection between our families.

barbyell,
Your grandmother was the daughter of Giuseppe Gallo brother of Antonio Gallo, my great grandfather.
Giuseppe had the following children:
Amedeo
Antonietta
Dionisio
Erminia
Maddalena
Maria
Matilde

Lucia Gallo, my great aunt married Amedeo Francesco Strumolo. They had 2 children: Tommasi and Garibaldi

msiesta,
I have no other information about Angela Piciocchi but I'm very excited to hear about Angelantonio. They MUST be related. Please contact me ASAP!

My contact information is:
P. Giovanni Gallo
307 Carolina Ave
Raleigh, NC, 27606
email: pgiogallo@gmail.com
phone: 919 931 2944

EVERYONE PLEASE feel free to contact me at any time.
Here's a link to my genealogy page:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin ... 3474722473
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Post by carmine1917 »

My great grandfather was from monteforte irpino, I just found this out. I hope you two get my message. He was given up for adoption and raised in a nearby town.
cemter

Post by cemter »

Giovanni Marano Gallo

If anyone can recognize him, let me know. Thanks