Mazuca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rumble207

Mazuca

Post by Rumble207 »

Has anyone heard of this name???
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is no listing for MAZUCA in the Italian surname dictionary for Italy and there are no MAZUCA currently in Italy at all. There is only a record of 5 Mazuca all coming from one town or village in Calabria Piane Crati in the province of Cosenza. The name is most likely local in origin and is not a word in the dictionary nor does it appear to be connected with a job or profession. The significance of the name is lost in the mists of time. Peter
frankmazuca

Re: Mazuca

Post by frankmazuca »

i had read on one of those parchments that a relative purchased for me that the name was connected to as a warrior or a maker of weapons (medieval).
I tend not to think that the name has strickly a local origin as there are many Mexicans/Hispanic surnames in the United States, some in Texas.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Rumble207 wrote:Has anyone heard of this name???
-most probable original spelling is MAZZUCA/Mazzucca( Mazuca are other version), most diffused in Calabria;

-other versions are Mazzucchelli, Mazzocchetti etc... (meaning: little Mazzuca)

-the "mazzucc" in dialect means "head"; are this note: very ancient surname, in 882 year, in Historiae Patriae Monumenta, was an Ursulo qui Mazuco vocatur (latin), meaning Orsolo (first name) called Mazzucca.
Also in other version, was in Mille Hominis Pergami of 1156 year with an Malcoatus filius Mazuchelli.
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Ritamay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ritamay »

Hi Rumble -- I, too, am a NEWBIE! There are MAZZUCA families in Tacoma, WA, and yes, they are from Consenza ...That should give you some information to go on. You may leave a note in my private mailbox if you wish to inquire about specifics.

Nice to "meet" you.

Rita Mayl