Famiglia Pesconi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Danica_BR

Famiglia Pesconi

Post by Danica_BR »

Dear all, greetings from Brasil! :D
I've been looking for my great-grandfather's birth certificate in Italy, but it's been really hard to find any information. I would be really glad if anyone can help me! How can I do to get it? Where should I search on the internet for his birth certificate?
His name was Manoel Pesconi, and he was from Venosa, Potenza.
Thanks, God bless you.
Danica
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Famiglia Pesconi

Post by nuccia »

His birth certificate would more than likely not be online. For a copy of the actual birth act you would have to either write to the town of birth or rent microfilms from the FHC if they are available from Venosa, Potenza.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

There are civil records available from The Family History Center from Venosa from 1809-1860.

Here is the link:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Danica_BR wrote:Dear all, greetings from Brasil! :D
I've been looking for my great-grandfather's birth certificate in Italy, but it's been really hard to find any information. I would be really glad if anyone can help me! How can I do to get it? Where should I search on the internet for his birth certificate?
His name was Manoel Pesconi, and he was from Venosa, Potenza.
Thanks, God bless you.
Danica
Danica, the right italian spell of surname is PESCUMA typical of Venosa... I no found your Emanuele( Manoel) in the memorial of imigrante, but only this family:
ADDALORATA (Addolorata) - F 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
ANGELICA - M 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
DONATO - F 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
ROCEO (ROCCO) PESCUMA CF 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
SCOLASTICA - F 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
-------------------
in any case I'm sure that the surname is Pescuma and no Pesconi, by also this record:
Angelica Maria Pescuma Pedigree
Female Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 18 DEC 1889 , , Italy

Christening:
Death: 16 NOV 1944

Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Manoel Pescuma Family
Mother: Felicia Fieracuosca (Fieramosca)

Marriages:
Spouse: Tomazo Grosso Family
Marriage: Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
----------------------

so by LDS microfilms you can know the exact birthdate and parent's names, and to ask the birthact in Venosa, civil records office:
demografici @ comune.venosa.pz.it (NO SPACES)

or:
Servizi Demografici
c.so Vittorio Emanuele II, n. 135/137
85029 VENOSA (PZ)
Italy

form italian letters http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Danica_BR

Post by Danica_BR »

suanj wrote:Danica, the right italian spell of surname is PESCUMA typical of Venosa... I no found your Emanuele( Manoel) in the memorial of imigrante, but only this family:
ADDALORATA (Addolorata) - F 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
ANGELICA - M 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
DONATO - F 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
ROCEO (ROCCO) PESCUMA CF 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
SCOLASTICA - F 5/7/1895 ITALIANOS
-------------------
in any case I'm sure that the surname is Pescuma and no Pesconi, by also this record:
Angelica Maria Pescuma Pedigree
Female Family

Event(s):
Birth: 18 DEC 1889 , , Italy

Christening:
Death: 16 NOV 1944

Burial:

Parents:
Father: Manoel Pescuma Family
Mother: Felicia Fieracuosca (Fieramosca)

Marriages:
Spouse: Tomazo Grosso Family
Marriage: Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
----------------------

so by LDS microfilms you can know the exact birthdate and parent's names, and to ask the birthact in Venosa, civil records office:
demografici @ comune.venosa.pz.it (NO SPACES)

or:
Servizi Demografici
c.so Vittorio Emanuele II, n. 135/137
85029 VENOSA (PZ)
Italy

form italian letters http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
regards, suanj
Dear suanj,
thank you very much for your help. I was checking the documents I have and my great grandfather didnt have a daughter named Angelica, nor his wife was Felicia. His wife's name was Antonia Maria Garipela.
I found one Emanuele Pescume, in Forenza, in the province of potenza. I believe that people used to name their grandchildren after their granfather's name. My cousin's grandfather 's name is Manoel Pesconi! :?
Really, really hard... And frustrating. We know he died in Brasil, but since it was a long long time ago, and my father's family is really old, they dont remember exactly where...
Well, I will keep trying. Thank you again.
Regards,
Daniela.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ah ok ...however the surname is Pescuma... please to see some processo para casamento abt some child of your Manoel, normally.. it are also the italian birthplaces in this document... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
klsalka

Post by klsalka »

I am interested in finding out more about my maternal ancestors. My grandfather, who is 89, descended from Dominic Pescuma from the Potenza region of Italy and emigrated to the US in the early part of the 20th century. I know he met his wife (my great-grandmother) in Minnesota. I can't seem to find anything on Dominic, though. My grandfather is the last surviving child of their marriage; he had two older sisters.

Also, my grandmother, currently 94, is descended from Antonio DiVincenzo in around the same southern part of Italy. I'm not sure if he and his wife, Felicia, married in Italy or if they met after emigrating to the US. I also have had no luck in locating his roots. My grandmother is one of the last surviving children of their marriage (11 children lived to late adulthood, 2 died in infancy).

Does anyone have information on either of these lines?
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello klsalka
Welcome to the Forum :D !
We would all be happy to help you look, but could you start a new topic for your family?
(the 'new topic' button is just below this post to the left)
We wouldn't want your family's research to become tangled up with another family.
Thank you!
Valarie