Location of Garmiso, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
lilbees
Master
Master

Location of Garmiso, Italy

Post by lilbees »

I have been trying to locate this town and am now stuck. I am not positive that is the correct spelling.

Any help would be appreciated.

lilbees
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Location of Garmiso, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

Does garmisa Tunisia mean anything to you? I can get us there. =Peter=
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Peter. The Garmiso I am looking for is from geneagm.org.naturalisations. The town is listed as the place of birth of Guiseppe Catalano.

You one you gave, or mine either, does not come up either in Italy or Tunisia. This is from Tageo.com. Maybe I am searching in the wrong place.

If you can get me there please let me know. Thank you again.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

There is a Comiso, province of Ragusa, Sicily. Don't know if that would be a possibility.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/088/003/index.html
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Peter, while you are checking the Garmiso, Garmisa, how about Rosolino. I am checking the listing to help in the search for the birth area of my great grandmother. My great grandfather, as far as I know at this point, was born in Roccapiemonte. He ended up in Tunisia with his wife. They were never naturalized from what I can tell. I want to get some idea where to write to have a search of a possible birth act but her name is so common I think that would be hard.

I have requested from the church in Tunis a search of the records for
1. The parents marriage act (if they married there)
2. The birth acts of the children born there
3. Marriage Acts of children
4. Death Acts of parents and children

I also made the same request to the Italian consulate. Again an acknowledgement of my request but the prospect of up to a 6 month wait for results.

My letters to the Prelature have been acknowledged as well and I am to expect a minimu of a 2-3 month wait for any resuts.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

A possibility:

Rosolini in the province of Siracusa in the region of Sicily

And another

Rosolina, province: Rovigo - region: Veneto

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Rosolini sounds right. When searching I didn't try the i at the end. Duh!

As for Comiso, it is where I would like it to be but not sure if it is right. But, it is a ways from Garmiso. I'll try to do more searching and see if I can come up with anything else. Still waiting to hear from Peter as well.

Thank you all.

lilbees