Guarascio In Or Around Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rockaway91

Guarascio In Or Around Calabria

Post by Rockaway91 »

Does anyone have any information or know anyone of this last name located in Sourthen Italy?

Thanks
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Guarascio In Or Around Calabria

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Here is a link which will show you where in Italy this name exists.
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html

Put in the name where it says cognome and click the red arrow.

You can see that the name exists in 78 comunes in Italy, but there is a large concentration in Calabria and Puglia. I don't know if this is the kind of info you need, but I hope it is helpful.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Here is another link which will tell you the towns in Calabria where the name exists now.

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Guarascio inthe first line and Calabria in the third line then click CERCA you will get 197 persons surnamed Guarascio as well as business listing with the same surname, their complete street addresses and their individual telephone numbers. You can do the same for each of the remaining regions as well including sicily, Basilicata, Campania, Puglia etc. =Peter=
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I`m also looking for some info about the surname GUARASCIO . I`m from Brasil and my grate grand father is probably from San Giovanni in Fiori . I need some help from someone from there . If anyone wants to contact me plase e-mail: nathanlest@hotmail.com :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Nathan if you go to the nearest Mormon family history library near to where you reside you can rent out the microfilm for San Giovanni in Fiore, Postale 87055, provincia Cosenza for all births, marriages and deaths from 1810 to 1910 that tiook plac e in San Giovanni in Fiore. If you wish additional information please let us know. =Peter=
Rockaway91

Post by Rockaway91 »

i would love to find out which town he came from.. gotta research this a little more
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Have you checked ship's manifests at Ellis Island? There are many records with that name, but you need to narrow it down. First name, approximate date of immigration, family members, etc.

http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellisgold.html

If you want some help, let us know
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DonnaPellegrin »

I have seen the Guarascio name in the San Giovanni in Fiore microfilm. It was a fairly common name there. Many of the San Giovanni families immigrated to West Virginia and Pennsylvania to work in the coal mines. It was a chain immigration. Brothers followed brothers who then invited cousins and so on. Some of those Guarascio families in WV changed their names to names like Wash and Warash. I remember a post on this very forum from some years back on the same name. I will try to post a link to it below:

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... ascio.html
Donna Pellegrin