Via Monsignor DiMatteo in Trabia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Via Monsignor DiMatteo in Trabia

Post by Marlena »

I have written to the Saint Petronilla church in Trabia ,via their website, regarding this street and the person it is named after. It's been about a month and no reply. Maybe I should wait a bit longer for a reply?

Would anyone be able to show me how to ask this in Sicilian. I'm sure my translated text was horrid and the English version wasn't any help if they don't speak it.

Thanks as always,
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Via Monsignor DiMatteo in Trabia

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear marlene the Via Monsignor Di Matteo is certainly a prominent street in Trabia (PA). If you go to www.mappy.com and in the upper left hand corner just type inthe street name, Trabia and Italy for a close-up map. I would send an e-mail to their new library at Biblioteca@comuneditrabia.eu and ask them in Italian or simple english (english is the second language in Italy and mandatory in schools) as to the origin of Via Monsignor Di Matteo in Trabia. =Peter=
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Thank you very much Peter. How did you know about the new library? Have you visited there or just in the know?
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I am a voracious reader.=Peter=
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Wow ! Peter thanks for the email address. I heard back from the Mayor of Trabia, Salvatore Piazza. Well, maybe not him, but his name was signed to the email. He is Looking for the information and will get back to me.
Marlene