World Phone Book - White page lookups

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

World Phone Book - White page lookups

Post by lilbees »

I posted this inquiry on another forum but no help as yet. I thought I would post it here in hopes someone can help.
I am trying to locate remaining Rescigno family in Tunisia. The white pages lookup site is http://www.phonebookoftunisia.com/

I put in the surname but have not been able to guess at what to put in the given name section so I keep getting NOTHING!!

The site is in French so I am probably not reading correctly or something. Is there anyone who can help me out with this.

I do have some of the married surnames and given names.

They are as follows:

Rescigno - in Gabes or Tunis
Gaglio, Joseph Francis - in Gabes
Gerard, Lucien - in Tunis
Marchetti, Joseph - in La Goulette
Scoeearo, Raphael - Tunis
Dominici, Jean - in Le Kram

I do believe many of these are now deceased because of their birthdates so..............first names are a problem.

Any help would be great.
lilbees
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: World Phone Book - White page lookups

Post by Emmy »

Hi Lilbees
I saw your post in the other forum and I tried last night to see what I could do but like you it always came up with 0 information. I meant to post the message on Gente but I had a telephjone call and then I forgot --sign of old age!! :lol:
I looked in the White Pages section of your link. The first space is for the surname the 2nd space is for the Christian name and you need both because there is a * next to those boxes I'm sure the next box refers to the town and the last box to the region.

But I was thinking would their names still be in the White Pages section if they have been dead for some time?

Havent tried the Google section yet (next to the white pages section)

Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Lilbees
I've just tried the 'Google' box next to the 'white pages' box and all you need is the surname. You may be able to get some information from there because it does bring up lots of links to the surnames.
Hope this helps
Emmy
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Emmy I do appreciate your try.

What I wanted like with Pagenblanche is to put in the surname and come up with anyone with that last name so I could possibly make contact with a family member. Have letters to a possible family member in French and Italian depending on the language. Most are French. Just needed a list of names.

I have tried a multiple of given names and a surnames with no luck.

I tried the Google search but not very much there either. I have tried the Tunisia Online Website but no way to leave any message. Pretty much news, etc. In fact I have checked out most of the websites offered for Tunisia.

There are two younger family members who married in 1945 with children born as late as 1948 to 1955. That would be the Marchetti and Dominici families both of whom married Rescigno girls.

Thank you again for your try. Hope someone can come up with something for me.

lilbees
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Lilbees if you go to www.annuaires.tn which is the Tunia telephone directory (white pages on top) fill in the top line with Rescigno and then select city by city clicking for any Rescigno. =Peter=
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Peter, it is required to fill in a given name (christian name) as well. As I said I have tried multiple given names with the assorted surnames I had listed in addition to Rescigno.

We are working with the same white pages.

But, I do thank you for your suggestions.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If there is no other way (like Italian Consulate or Catholic cathedral in Tunisia where you can make inquiry for a proper first name. The Italian Consulate has gthe recorsds from 1873 to 1920 and then France thereafter of births Of italian citizens reported to them. Marriage records are complete from 1957. The chief Roman cathloic prelate (bishop?) keeps records for all persons of Roman catholic faith baptized in Tunisia)

Then may I suggest you use the same first names you have for the family since they have a tendenc y to remain in families and perhaps someone with a telephone subscription having the Rescigno surname will show up.

Lots of luck. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If there is no other way (like Italian Consulate or Catholic cathedral in Tunisia where you can make inquiry for a proper first name. The Italian Consulate has gthe recorsds from 1873 to 1920 and then France thereafter of births Of italian citizens reported to them. Marriage records are complete from 1957. The chief Roman cathloic prelate (bishop?) keeps records for all persons of Roman catholic faith baptized in Tunisia)

Then may I suggest you use the same first names you have for the family since they have a tendenc y to remain in families and perhaps someone with a telephone subscription having the Rescigno surname will show up.

Lots of luck. =Peter=
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Peter.

I do have records coming from the Catholic Chuch in Tunisia.

The Italian Consulate would not acknowledge my request both in writing and email. It could be I had an incorrect address for the Consulate . Do you have an address for them other than what is listed on the Government page?

The church is working on the record request I made at this time and did acknowledge receipt of my request. It will take them 2 to 3 months to complete because they are so backed up with requests.

I do have enough names on my list to give more tries with the white pages though.

Thank you again for your suggestions.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 2 addresses for the Italian Embassy one of which hoouses the Italian Consulate (?) The first address is 3 R Russie, Tunis and the other is 37 R. J.abdennaceur, Tunis.

They are current. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Italian Embassy - TUNISI, TUNISIA

Address: 3, Rue de Russie - 1002 Tunisi
Tel. : 0021671321811
Tel. : 0021671324505
Fax: 00216-71324155
Homepage: www.ambtunisi.esteri.it
E-mail: Embassy ambitalia.tunisi@esteri.it
Consul's chancellery consolare.tunisi@esteri.it
Civil State Office statocivile.tunisi@esteri.it
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you so much for your assistance. I will try to write again to see if I can gain any information regarding my family.

As my grandfather never naturalized in Tunisia but later naturalized in the US after my father was born, my niece is working toward dual citizenship with Italy. So she has written the Consulate as well. She has been waiting at least 4 to 6 months for any response.

My quest is quite different from hers so I will, as I said earlier, try again.

lilbees
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear lilbees. I forgot to give you their e-mail address which is Consolare.tunis@esteri.it =Peter=
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you again............I have now saved it to my address book.

lilbees
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Check this out:
http://debono.club.fr/mariagestunisie/F67.html

It is a list of Marriages in Tunisia from 1801 to 1949. It is in French but you may understand it.
On the first pages you have
nom des époux commençant par = Husband's name beginning with
nom des épouses commençant par = Wifes's name beginning with

After you select the name you go to a table with the following columns titles:
nom de l'époux = Husband Surname
prénom de l'époux = Husband First name
nom de l'épouse = Wife Surname
prénom de l'épouse = Wife first name
paroisse = Parish
année = Year
répertoire = Register