Piedmonte family & names query (Torino)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Piedmonte family & names query (Torino)

Post by ofoghlu »

Hi All:

I'm interested in feedback and opinions relative to my wish list. I'd like to find out the following and need advice on how to begin:

1. My maternal grandfather was born in Torino (I have his birth cert. from 1902) according to the cert. his father was Alfredo Pilotti and his mother was Rosa Enriu. My grandfather died in 1953 and I have his American death certificate.

I would like to find out when his parents died and get copies of thier death certificates. I would also like to find out where they are buried so that I might pay them a visit on my next trip to Italy. I am unsure how to request this information from the commune as I don't have dates of death -only thier names.

I would also like to find out if my grandfather had siblings (again no names or information) and short of hiring an Italian geneologist (which I may have to do) I'm clueless as to where I should begin (btw - I don't speak Italian (thanks mom!)).

2. My family names are regional I believe to Piedmonte - "Pilotti" & "Enriu". Any clue as to the origin and meaning of the name would be awesome. I did a little internet research and found out that "Enriue" was a Waldensian surname but I'm not sure if the two names are connected.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or information! :D
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Piedmonte family & names query (Torino)

Post by ofoghlu »

Oops - forgot to mention that my grandfather's name was Marino Domenico Pilotti.

Thanks!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

send e-mail to Italian Army records for Torino at cedoc_torino@esercito.difesa.it and furnish his name and approximate date of birth which should be 1882 (1880 TO 1885 RANGE). iif they locate the record then you can send a request for miliatry records from their office at Corso Unione Sovietica 100, Postale 10100, Torino Piemonte in Italian (go to www.mangeruca.com for military record requests). We can take care of the rest later.=Peter=
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ofoghlu »

Thanks Peter!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Ofoglu by the way what comune are youi talking about?? the city of Torino or a town in the province of Torino?? Because you can request a certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico from the Comune of origin(?) for his father Alfredo Pilotti as head of family estimating his year of birth 20-25 years earlier than 1902 birth of yourmaternal grandfather.=Peter=
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ofoghlu »

Peter:

The City of Torino proper. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but on my grandparent's marriage certificate (Massachusetts) my grandfather stated his father's occupation as "Physician" (maybe they had a seperate register or medical society?) and that he would have been 72 years old if he was alive - this would put his birth date around 1865. My grandfather further states that his mother is alive (this is from the year 1937) and that she is 62 years old which would set her birthdate around 1875.

Thanks again!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Enriù ( with accent) is the exact spelling of Rosa... very rare.. in Torino currently, only 5 persons with this surname http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0
here http://www.sdb.org/BS/1898/189802.htm it is mentioned a Rosa Enriù from Torino, that had a miracle abt her bad health.. from what I know Enriù was also a locality of Torino in the past time... maybe the surname coming from this name place....

however you can see the civil records of Torino town
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
from 1866 to 1978... starting from Marino Domenico Pilotti birth, so you can know him parent ' s age and to start back for to find the birthacts so you can know the exact birthadtes of Alfredo and Rosa... having, almost, this data you can request the death records in Torino, and sure it are also in the microfilms.... in the birthacts you will find also the marriage note, that can help...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ofoghlu »

Suanj:

Thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:wink: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Cienfuegos

Post by Cienfuegos »

Hi, my name is Antonio Enriù. I live in Milan where I was born. My father was born in Torino in 1915. His name was Edmondo. My grandfather was Antonio (like me). I didn't kniw him. He was born in Torino and was Rosa's brother. When I was a baby I knew Rosa (zia Rosina) and Anna (zia Annetta) Enriù. Anna was not married. Rosina dead when I was very young, but I remember about Anna.
I knew Aldo Pilotti and Nino and Teresa Pilotti that was in my family home many years ago.
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ofoghlu »

Antonio:

I've just sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you!

:D