"Zucchero" some Italian music

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Bellastella98

"Zucchero" some Italian music

Post by Bellastella98 »

Hey Guys,

It's not just our genes that make us Italian, I personally follow the Italian music scene and one of my favorite artists, Zucchero, came out with a new "best of" album last week. If you don't already know, He is like a god an Italy, and for a good reason. so check him out , i found a link for one of his songs:
http://verve.edgeboss.net/wmedia/verve/ ... n_kilo.wax

Any thoughts opinions?

Stella

UMGD
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Re: "Zucchero" some Italian music

Post by Poipuo4 »

HI, Stella! We were actually lucky enough to stop right in front of the stage at the NY Columbus Day parade when he performed on 5th Ave. We had no idea at the time who he was and actually were alone with him for a moment after his set before he got utterly swarmed by admirers. Thanks for sharing the link.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Also check out my niece, Anna Tatangelo. www.annatatangelo.com
She has a new CD out and will be participating in San Remo Festival for the fifth time in 6 years. She is 21 years old with an amazing voice.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Italysearcher wrote:Also check out my niece, Anna Tatangelo. www.annatatangelo.com
She has a new CD out and will be participating in San Remo Festival for the fifth time in 6 years. She is 21 years old with an amazing voice.
Non ho mai sentito nominare.... Ma e incredibile...che bella voce! Mi fa venire in mente un giovani Mina...misto un po con la Vanoni come si interpreta queste canzoni.

Grazie!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Anche Mia Martini! Spero che quest'anno va bene per lei!
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
bonval
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bonval »

Italysearcher - my husband and I enjoy Italian music - all genre - it keeps us connected to family, young and old, in Italy -- and we have your niece's CDs - she is darling!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Thanks. The rumour is that this year she is doing a duet with Michael Bolton at San Remo. Can't wait to see if it's true
Ann Tatangelo
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Ann,

Your niece has a wonderful voice! How lucky and proud you must be. Thanks for sharing.

As for Zucchero..well he is one of my favourite Italian artists as many of you know... :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Aether
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aether »

Hi ! Nuccia,

The Tatangelo I know must be a little older than 21, I may be mistaken.

What about the daughter of Zucchero, she is singing too, I have not heard her yet. Tatangelo is very good!

What about the one you are going to check? I hope to go back to Satriani e Vai. Have been busy finishing a project , and in touch with Elizabeth.

I have not forgotten your guys at A.... love you all!

Aether :)
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Aether!

Happy Weekend!

No, I haven't heard Zucchero's daughter sing either..I'll check it out!

Talk to you soon, I hope!

Hugs
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Julo »

Zucchero has been one of the most successful Italian artists for a number of years now. He's very well known outside of Italy as well, I've seen him three times in concert, twice in NY (last October) and once in Atlantic City. His daughter joined him in a couple of songs. I know in his Blue CD she sang a song with him but aside from that she is not well known.