Looking For Giammarco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DaveGiammarco

Looking For Giammarco

Post by DaveGiammarco »

I don't have a lot of information but I'm looking for Giammarco from Sulmona. My family came to Canada and most websites I've come across seem to have information solely on the U.S. My grandfather's name is Rocco Giammarco, and he came to Canada in 1951 or 1952 I believe. His parents were Fiore Giammarco and Pasqua LaStracco. Fiore Giammarco's parents were Pasquale Giammarco and Rosaria LaStracco. Unfortuantely that's all the information I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Giammarco
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Looking For Giammarco

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Are you looking to search for ancestors or living relatives? Also, did Fiore Giammarco and Pasqua LaStracco or Pasquale Giammarco and Rosaria LaStracco ever leave Italy? If so, did they come to america or Canada? About what year was Rocco born?

The more detail you can give the easier it will be for people on the forum to help you.

Regards,
Elizabeth
DaveGiammarco

Post by DaveGiammarco »

Hi, thanks for your help. I'd like to start by looking for ancestors and see where that takes me. I know Fiore visited Canada, and I think he lived here for a short while with my grandparents (Rocco and his wife Constantina Elia) and that was sometime in the early 1990's most likely. I believe he died in 1993, in Italy, other than that I don't know much about him. As for Pasqua LaStracco, Pasquale Giammarco, and Rosaria LaStracco, I don't believe any of them ever left Italy, but I could be wrong. Rocco was born August 16th 1936.

Thanks again,
Dave
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Sulmona, province: L'Aquila - region: Abruzzo

LDS films

civil records 1809 to 1865
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
church records 1820 to 1823
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... irchenbuch++

Since the films end with 1865 it looks like you'll have to write to Sulmona for birth, death and marriage records for early 1900's back to 1865.

Here is the address for city hall

Sulmona City Hall
Via Mazara, n. 20
67039 Sulmona - ITALY
Phone Number: (+39) 0864-242200; Fax: (+39) 0864-242298

email - sindaco@comune.sulmona.aq.it

I believe you will have to write them in italian. You may want to write a letter in english, post that to the translation forum on the site here, and ask to have it translated to italian.

If it were me, I think I'd try emailing first (translated to italian) and see if you get a response.

Regards,
Elizabeth