Giovanni Sassonie

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
OAKTREE

Giovanni Sassonie

Post by OAKTREE »

I am trying to trace Giovanni Sassonie, all I know about him is that he had two sons Giovanni Meachin b1852 126 Kings Road, Brighthelmston, Brighton, Sussex and Ferdinand Meachin 1856 12 Guinea Lane, Bath, Somerset, England. His wife? was Eliza Meachin b1818 Tockington, Gloucestershire, England.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Sassonie

Post by PeterTimber »

cursory check does not disclose any information regarding these persons and their surnames. There is an excellent paying site at www. findmypast.com that may be researched by you. =Peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Possible Italian surnames are:

Sassone
Sassonia(o)
Sassoni
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Oaktree you can use the paying sitewww.findmypast.com without payment for name check. If you just put in Meachin or Sassoni, sassone or sassonie and nothing else you will find listings of llarge numbers and 1 or 2 individuals which you should look at closely since they might be the persons you are seeking or related to your person of interest. In one instance John James meachin born 1829 in Gloustershire may be related to your Eliza Meachin same location. =pETER=
OAKTREE

Post by OAKTREE »

Thank you for Peter & Misbris for your help. I have Ancestry.co.uk, I have found Eliza Meachin in every census except 1861.
In 1871 she says she a widower.

I can't find anythink on Giovanni Sassione.

When Giovanni son got married, Giovanni's occupation was a veterinary surgeon. When Ferdinand was born his mother put down on his birth certificate that Giovennie Sassonnie was a Courier (Servant).
When Ferdinand got married in 1879 he put his fathers Giovanni occupation as a butler. :?:

I'm not sure what I can do to find out who he was :?
OAKTREE

Post by OAKTREE »

Thank you for Peter & Misbris for your help. I have Ancestry.co.uk, I have found Eliza Meachin in every census except 1861.

When Giovanni son got married, Giovanni's occupation was a veterinary surgeon. When Ferdinand was born his mother put down on his birth certificate that Giovennie Sassonnie was a Courier (Servant).
When Ferdinand got married in 1879 he put his fathers Giovanni occupation as a butler. :?:

fraser

Post by fraser »

THIS IS A RELATIVE OF MY GRANDFATHER, HE WAS THOMAS MEACHIN, I HAVE ALSO THE FAMILY TRE THAT GOES RIGHT BACK AND HAVE DATES FOR GIOVANNI AND HIS CHILDREN, BUT NO CLEAR INFO , I LIVE NOW HERE N ITALY WHICH WAS A SURPRISE WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT MAYBE THERE WAS ITALIAN BLOOD IN THE FAMILY IN THE PAST, I AM NOT SURE IF THE SPELLING IS CORRECT FOR SASSONIE,,ANYWAY FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ,
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

OAKTREE wrote:Thank you for Peter & Misbris for your help. I have Ancestry.co.uk, I have found Eliza Meachin in every census except 1861.

Oaktree this could be the 1861 census? Eliza is Harriet here, but the children are right:
1861 England Census
about Harriett Meachin
Name: Harriett Meachin
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1824
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Thomas
Mother's Name: Sarah
Where born: Olveston, Gloucestershire, England

Civil Parish: Olveston
Ecclesiastical parish: Olveston
County/Island: Gloucestershire

Street address: