Port of Boston??

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Port of Boston??

Post by Sirena »

I'd appreciate if someone could check the entries into Boston for Maria Michela Morelli......married name would be Iacovitto but probably was using Morelli. Her DOB is 2-16-1866 and would have left Italy between 1902-1908. I couldn't find her coming through NY but when her husband came a few years earlier it was through Boston. Thanks for your help
Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Port of Boston??

Post by Essgee »

Serena...

What is the name of the Iacovitta that arrived earlier? Is the family listed on a census somewhere>
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

her husband was Cipriano Iacovitto but someone found it misspelled as Tacovitto in the Boston entry. She definitely wasn't with him but came later. He died in 1906. If she appears on a census it mightbe 1910 but I think she had also died by then. I did find his grave and they told me the coowner was Maria Iacovitto;however, no one else had been buried there (RI). They would have been living in North Attleborough Ma.
Christine1987

Post by Christine1987 »

Hello,
I signed up for this site to do futher research on the Licianci and Morelli lines from San Giuliano di Puglia. They came through the port of Boston, and went on to North Attleboro. I saw the corespondence from Serena regarding the same ancestor I am trying to learn more about. His name was Antonio Licianci. I see that you learned he lived at 420 Mt. Hope Street in North Attleboro. My grandmothers birth certificate from 1914 states that she was born AT that address. Her mother was Julia Licianci, who married Donato DiFiore. One of their children (John) married a woman named Mary Louise Morelli. Sometimes it is spelled Morelle though. I would love to compare notes. I sent for the death certificate in North Attleboro for Antonio and the son they had that died. They could not find a death certificate for either. I am now looking into St. Mary's cemetery for possible burial there.
Thank you,
Christine
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

Christine,

One of the posts also had Antonio's draft card. I don't know if you saw it. I have been looking at the films from San Giuliano as recently as Saturday. I was checking 1887-1900 and found my grandmother's birth certificate which noted her marriage to Antonio but I found it odd that I could not find his or any Licianci. I am still waiting for a few films ordered in January. If you let me know which names you are looking for I'll check for you. My grandmother was Anna Maria. I have found their marriage certificate from NY but nothing concerning his death and their child although I know both occurred within 9 mo. of each other and it was between 1918-1921. If you have any questions, maybe my aunt will remember.
Small world, isn't it?
Christine1987

Post by Christine1987 »

I am very excited to be able to chat with you. I had a little confusion signing up, and saw your posts a few weeks ago. Today was the first time I got it to work.
I just recieved the birth certificate for Antoino Liciancio from North Attleboro yesterday. The site is saying the attachment is too big to send. I did look up the draft report for Antonio thanks to your tips. I was very happy to have it, though I do not have a direct confimation that he is my great grandmothers brother yet.
I have also found his ship manifest. Did you say you had that already? If not, I will give you the spelling to look for to find it, because of course they slaughtered the spelling. I think that's why you are not finding many records for Licianci members.
Does the DiFiore name sound familiar in any of your research?
Also, I have some additional info about the Morelli line if you are interested in that too.
I am in WA state, but have been to North Attleboro at least 20 times throughout my life visiting family, parts of Rhode Island also. It is hard to do this long distance, but I am determined to put the pieces of this puzzle together!
Christine
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

Christine,
Please send me the spelling that you found. I'd appreciate it. I was looking for his birth certificate in Italy. I didn't realize he was born here. I sent you a pm. Please check your inbox. I'm so happy you saw the post. Now we can make more headway!
Christine1987

Post by Christine1987 »

Sirena:
My inbox shows no new messages when I opened it. Am I doing something wrong? I am still very slow with this site, sorry.
The spelling on the Boston Passenger List, which I now suspect is Antonio Licianci, is completly slaughtered, but I think you would find it interesting. Look under Doonatantoino Sicriani. You have to read between the lines a lot I know. What caught my eye was that he is listed as born in S Gurliano, Campobasso. His friends name is Douap Difiore, very close to San Giuliano and Donato DiFiore. It says "Douap" is his brother in law, which whould be right. He arrived on 7Jun1909 when he was 22 years old. That puts things about right for having a child in 1918, he would have been 31, and if he didn't really "intend" to marry your grandmother, he was kind of getting up there in years for still being single it seems.
Another thing I wanted to mention was that the spelling of your grandmothers name on her son's birth certificate I recieved the other day. It says her name is Marie Lacuinto. North Attleboro interprets the handwriting to type it onto the form I recieved. It is not the actual handwritting, which leaves it open to interpretation. I was curious if there was a possibility that her maiden name started with an L instead of an I.
Talk to you later,
Christine
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

Christine,
I did get your pm. I hope you received my reply........maybe it's not wcorking on my end. Where can I find the listings for the port of Boston? I would say that is definitely him. I couldn't find the baby's birth certificate either. I do have a picture of both he and the baby which I can send you but I have to figure out how to scale it down. I know that a lot of people on the forum use imageshack.com to post and attach. I've seen the directions. I'll try looking for them.
Donna/Sirena
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

I'm looking at their marriage certificate now. In 1917 he said that he was 28; so I was surprised not to see his birth certificates in the films which went back to 1887. He must have been born in 1886. since he got married in Feb. he may not have had his birthday yet. I hed 2 films and sent one back. I hope that's not the one! I'm going to try to call now to see if they returned it yet. Also, one of the witnesses was Margherita Liciancio. The other was Juliana or Juliano Barbieri. Antonio's father was Gennaro and his mother was Maria Giovanna Gentile. Also, the signatures for both Antonio and Margherita were clearly Liciancio. Interesting!
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

I called. they're too efficient! The film for 1887-1900 is still there but 1866--1886 got returned :(
I will recheck that one and see if there are Licianci or DiFiores listed. The films from S. Giuliano are easy to view. They have an alphabetical index for each year.