Searching Masi, Lippiello and Vigna.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
seibelmark

Searching Masi, Lippiello and Vigna.

Post by seibelmark »

Hoping to find info on the above surnames. Siblings: Carmelo Masi, Gennaro Masi and Maria Stella Masi Vigna. I do not know the names of the parents. Each child immigrated separately to the USA from Gizzeria, Catanzaro, Calabria in the late 1890's to early1900's. I have found numerous listings in the Ellis Island website. Carmelo settled in Pittsburgh, PA and married Fortunato Lippiello (from Siriguano, Avellino, Italy). Gennaro settled in Seville, OH and married Maria Conchetta Posa Miccelli. Maria Stella settled in Alliance, OH and married Antonio Vigna. I am interested in finding descendents or others researching any of these lines. Thank you very much for any assistance.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I assume you mean descendants who came after them in the USA or are you talking about their family genealogy going back to the early 1800's?As for anyone having conducted or is currently conducting research may I recommend the www.google.com website and put the surname and the word "genealogy alongside for this purpose and your research. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching Masi, Lippiello and Vigna.

Post by suanj »

seibelmark wrote:Hoping to find info on the above surnames. Siblings: Carmelo Masi, Gennaro Masi and Maria Stella Masi Vigna. I do not know the names of the parents. Each child immigrated separately to the USA from Gizzeria, Catanzaro, Calabria in the late 1890's to early1900's. I have found numerous listings in the Ellis Island website. Carmelo settled in Pittsburgh, PA and married Fortunato Lippiello (from Siriguano, Avellino, Italy). Gennaro settled in Seville, OH and married Maria Conchetta Posa Miccelli. Maria Stella settled in Alliance, OH and married Antonio Vigna. I am interested in finding descendents or others researching any of these lines. Thank you very much for any assistance.
Hi:
-Masi persons living in Gizzeria:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... ia&x=0&y=0
-Maria Concetta Rosa.... (Miccelli surname not exist) coming from ..? exact spelling surname??
- Lippiello person living in Sirignano(only 1 person):
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... 3&cc=80780&
- Vigna surname: are many Antonio Vigna on ellis island, your Antonio Vigna coming from...
Others details are necessary..
Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Microfilmed civil records for Gizzeria go from 1809 to 1860. if you go to the nearest family history library of the Mormon church nearest your home and rent the microfilm for a modest amout of money you will be able to travce back the family surnames from 1860 back to 1809. Peter
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Sources for Ohio and Pennsylvania

Post by VaDeb »

You don’t say what documents you have located in the USA, if you are looking for descendants in the USA. One suggestion is to look in census records. Ancestry.com has indexes for 1920 (head of household) and 1930 (every name index). There are miracode indexes for Pennsylvania and Ohio for 1910.

Ohio is a friendly state to researchers. The Ohio Historical Society has an on-line death certificate index http://www.ohiohistory.org/dindex for the years 1913-1937. Sometimes you have to be a little creative, due to scanning errors with the names. I have found this index very helpful. There is also a death index for Ohio for the years 1958-2000 at Ancestry.com
Lana416

Re: Searching Masi, Lippiello and Vigna.

Post by Lana416 »

I am a Lippiello from Pittsburgh! My grandfather was Davide Lippiello from Sirignano! He married my grandmother, Rafaela Masucci from Quadrelle and moved back to Pittsburgh from Sirignano in 1951.